Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that shiny silver sticker thats on the inside of the upper sleeve, do i need that for proper function of my ion?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
yes. that is the reflective 'mirror' that your ion's eyes use in part to detect the paint in the chamber. It will still work well even if it is scratched or a little paint gets on it, but if it is removed, it will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where i can get a few? i ask tech support at smart parts and they said it was not needed, maybe thats why im chopping like crazy, cause i dont have a sticker.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I doubt that sticker would be why. It would only cause your eyes not to work and your gun not to be able to function properly. Chopping could be bad loader, bad detents, bad paint, bad paint/bore match.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I didn't think that the Ion used the reflective style eye system.

Anyways, if it was in there, it probably had some kind of purpose, so I'd try and get another one :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Aluminum foil might suffice as a replacement as long as you make it smooth.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
^it might work.

And the ion does use break-beam eyes. The only reason for having the silver 'mirror' (i think), is so that if broken paint or debris breaks the beam of the eyes, the 'old' reflective system can still be used, since both nodes transmit and recieve information.

Gwar: Paint that sits in the sun for a long time, or is very old and dimpled shoots very badly and will chop a lot. Also, check that your gun battery is good, and that your hopper batteries are good/that there is no debris on the inside of your hopper.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
That is only there in case the Break Beam system fails, it reverts to bounce beam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts