Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The xbox 360 update lets you use Internet explorer. Pretty neat, but its not easy to type...

5 years ago this feature would be awesome.:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Agreed. With the reduction in "one platform" (word escapes me) games...you run into the same problem the US military has - the games will be developed for the lowest cost, and specific to the machine with the lowest output capabilities.

If "random American high school girl dons a chainsaw and uses simplistic button combinations to eradicate zombies" is only going to look as good as it will on the console with the lowest output capabilities... spending $400(exaggerated in current time) more on something won't give you a better gaming experience.

...that and the Sony breech of user privacy and their methods of data-storage still urk me. Then again...you get what you pay for. Free online gaming environment? Free online gaming quality of security :)

D

·
0 Posts
You can actually attach a usb keyboard to your 360 and use it. Works wonders.
Confirmed....quite awhile ago actually. Made quite a few games much simpler for character creation and information entry....along with just basic console setup.

I believe the Kensington and Microsoft wireless keyboards are compatible with it (with the 2-3 I tested)but were flaky at best, and Logitech ones had more issues than a meth/coke addicted 3rd grader. Soooo... amazon.com for a USB extender?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you need to look something up online or need it as a last resort, it will work. It is probably the slowest way to browse(loads slow), its like it doesn't load the whole page you are looking at just the part that is on your screen and there is a second or two of lag before it shows the screen below.

D

·
0 Posts
It seems that XBL operates as a VPN type dealie, sealing the user from the outside world. I first noticed this when streaming a movie on the 360 was strangling my internet connection harder than a pimp....nevermind.

I've put a bandwidth monitor on my network to measure traffic.... it damn near took 4 of my 6 megabits watch a standard definition Netflix show at 3/4 quality. My BluRay player was using 1.5 megabit to stream the same show, at full quality. Why?... but for that answer I'd have to dive deeper into the netflix software.

Solution? Either watch them on my BluRay, or through my HTPC -DVR alternative. Much easier :)

Reason for post: Possible "heads up" as to why browsing is snail-slow

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
If "random American high school girl dons a chainsaw and uses simplistic button combinations to eradicate zombies" is only going to look as good as it will on the console with the lowest output capabilities... spending $400(exaggerated in current time) more on something won't give you a better gaming experience.
You could say the samething about paintball stuff...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts