Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CD-Drive. It's having some trouble.

The problem:
Won't read CD-Rs with just programs/files on them. It reads music CD-R's, regular CD's, regular CD roms, and DVD's. Last week we tried installing Guitar Pro 4 from a CD-R. When you go to the CD drive it shows nothing. Today I burned a video from the internet to bring home, and now that I tried loading up the CD it is doing the same thing.

System Info

Any help would be SWEET.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i had a cd rom that woudnt see anything unless its in a folder. maybe thats what its doing, it doesnt see a folder so it thinks its blank

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's having trouble reading most CDs now. It would read an audio CD, but it was all fuzzy...so I don't know what it is. I'm going to try cleaning the lens tomorrow...I'll update on the situation then.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sounds like your drive is on the fritz. If cleaning the lens doesnt work, then you probably need a new one, they are simple and cheap enough to replace anyway.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My math teacher last year, had a mac that wouldnt read a certain color cd's(cant remmeber which color it was), but all he did was color it with a yellow highlighter and it read it fine :p

Probably your CD drive is dying. The CD drive in my old hp did that right before it died. You can pick up a cheap CDR for ~$20.

BTW my 2800 only runs at 2.08 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts