Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Number One Target
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need some advice boys and girls. I was prepping my M98 for some paintball tomorrow whe some bad things happened. For the past few weeks I have been having some trouble with my valve and power tube. I got the gun for free and it is used. The threads for the valve bolts are stripped and I was able to fix this problem with longer screws and saome loc-tite, but it still perists. Today I also discovered that my o rings need to be replaced so Ill have to order some new ones. For a quick fix I went and bought some O rings from a hardware store and they sort of work but still give me alot of problems.

So Im worried my gun has hit a point of no return. I have a bit of money right now to get a new gun and I was planning to upgrade anyway but not until school is done. This is annoying me because I have invested money into the sport and if my guin dies now it will just be a waste for almost a year. I was looking at getting a Wrath which will set me back about $550 with hopper and HPA. So I have a question to ask. If the M98 has shot its last shot should I just forget about paintball for a few months and maybe just rent, should I get some sort of spyder concidering a Wrath maybe to high end for the amount of times I get out and play in a month, or lastly should I just fork out the money for the Wrath and be careful will my money for a while?

Thanks

PS Im a little tired when I wrote this so the grammar maybe bad and the organization.

·
Number One Target
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah man, my valve has some stripped threading one the front valve bolt so I cant screw it down. Even with loc tite in there it still moves. During a dry fire it shot the screw out. Also my power tube has a nice big crack down its length.

Im thinking of just getting a spyder. I dont think I can pt down the money I need for school into a gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts