Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found a very nice Prelude SI for sale. Asking $1700. The engine only has 90,000 miles and it's very clean looking. 5 speed of course. Said minor rust and blemishs on the hood.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=186856842&dealer_id=56695880&car_year=1990&make=HONDA&distance=50&lang=en&max_price=3000&model=&sponsorModel=&end_year=2006&min_price=1&certified=&address=66062&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1981&isp=y&cardist=0

I really want it, but I don't have $1700 and I can't sell my Jeep until my parents get another car. So yeah I'm kinda bummed out. I would check out the rust first and the car is literally only about 3 minutes away from my house.

Anyone wanna loan me $900? :shrug:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well just tell the guy that you can pretty much guarantee you're gonna buy it...go over to his house or call him to show that you're serious, or give him some money now, and then the rest later.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That isnt a lot... I got a Subaru Loyale(for free of course) that is a '91 and it has 236000. I was like lol...

But I would probably buy it. See if you can give him a down payment like flowbob said. Might work.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
zpyro said:
damn that's a lot of miles for a '90
My '92 Z has almost 120,000. 90,000 isn't that bad really. Especially for a '90. Think about it, that's 15 years ago.

*Edit* I didn't see that the body had 193,000. I guess that's a decent amount for a '90.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jinjiro said:
My '92 Z has almost 120,000. 90,000 isn't that bad really. Especially for a '90. Think about it, that's 15 years ago.

*Edit* I didn't see that the body had 193,000. I guess that's a decent amount for a '90.

-Jin
Yeah thank god the engine only has 90k.

Meh I dunno I'm buying my DM4 tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to get it unless I sold my Jeep quickly anyways.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I'd say wait. I know how anxious one can get when they think about buying something new, especially a car.

About 3 weeks ago, I had almost convinced my parents to let me sell my Z and buy a Twin Turbo Z project car down in NJ. Last minute they decided to say no, for a few reasons. While I still wish I could have gotten it, seeing as how it was such a great deal, I've decided that it just wasn't meant to be. Therefor I'm working hard, saving my money, focusing on the upcoming school year, and hopefully in spring I'll be selling my current Z and buying a Twin Turbo.

Basically what I mean is there's a lot of cars out there. Don't jump at the first one you see. If you don't get that one, something else will come along. Save your money - maybe take half of each paycheck and put it towards a new car. When the time is right you will find a car you like, and will be glad you waited.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jinjiro said:
I'd say wait. I know how anxious one can get when they think about buying something new, especially a car.

About 3 weeks ago, I had almost convinced my parents to let me sell my Z and buy a Twin Turbo Z project car down in NJ. Last minute they decided to say no, for a few reasons. While I still wish I could have gotten it, seeing as how it was such a great deal, I've decided that it just wasn't meant to be. Therefor I'm working hard, saving my money, focusing on the upcoming school year, and hopefully in spring I'll be selling my current Z and buying a Twin Turbo.

Basically what I mean is there's a lot of cars out there. Don't jump at the first one you see. If you don't get that one, something else will come along. Save your money - maybe take half of each paycheck and put it towards a new car. When the time is right you will find a car you like, and will be glad you waited.

-Jin
I paid 100 bucks for my Jeep Cherokee and I'm selling it for a little under 3k. I don't need something uber fast. Just something thats good on gas and pretty fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jinjiro said:
Ever check out a Mazda Miata? Might not be the quickest, but they handle AMAZINGLY well.

-Jin
Couldn't find any for around 3g around here.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
zpyro said:
I've yet to see slalom courses on the street...
You mean to tell me you've never taken a joy ride out to the country where no one's around, and just found the twistiest, most scenic, most deserted, most sweeping roads you could find? Man, you don't know what you're missing.

Of course, you got a 'Stang...That explains a lot. ;)
Just messing with ya...

-Jin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts