Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to paintballing, and have a few questions about gun modification...

I have an energy 20oz c02 tank, i believe these are 3000psi??? may be wrong...
I would like to increase the pressure of my gun, and wanted to know:

a) The max pressure tanks available
b) The extra mods needed for the gun due to higher pressure c02 going through it.

Has anyone any links for more information on this? Or other gun mods that help increase pressure?

Also, the gun i have is a 'BT4 combat', How do these rank compared to other guns?

thanks in advance!

S

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
co2 is co2... they dont really make a "high pressure" co2 tank.. at least for paintball... also, why would you want to increase the pressure into your gun?

·
God
292 Posts
"Also, the gun i have is a 'BT4 combat', How do these rank compared to other guns?"

As for this part of your question, it ranks in the very beginner-level woodsball guns. Upgrade if you're serious, ASAP.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
The average pressure out of a probperly filled CO2 tank is around 800 PSI this can be more or less dpending of the ambient temp and the amount of liquid co2 in the tank. As for the rated pressure of a co2 tank is around 3000 PSI but the burst disk on the tank tends to be about 1200K PSI.

The only two mods that are done to CO2 tanks are installing either a syphon or anti-syphon tube in the tank. (The first trys to draws only liquid CO2 from the tank the other only CO2 gas) All modern paintball guns use co2 in the gas form but with some of the old guns they will only work with liquid co2.

Interms of mods for CO2 the only thing I would get is an expantion chamber or get an Anti-syphion tank if your going to be playing in cold weather.

The other options for an air source is to switch to a High pressure air tank (some times call nitro cause air is mostly Nitrogen) theses coem in a verity of sizes but tend to fall into two rating, 3000 PSI and 4500 PSI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick replies...

I would like to increase the pressure to test what else can be fired :p
...my gun could also be a home defence weapon against theiving skagheads!

Thanks for the advice on the 3000, 4500 psi tanks...what other mods would my gun need to handle that pressure coming through? And what kind of power gains could i expect regards velocity of the paintballs? Wouldnt they explode coming out the barrel if too much pressure coming through?

I have heard of some mods which can alter the velocity (but may split the balls at times), which mods are these please?

thanks
S

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
NEVER MODIFY OR USE A PAINTBALL MARKER TO FIRE ANYTHING BUT PAINTBALLS.

if you still want to use it for home defense google "pepper ball" but out side of that nothing else should be loaded into your marker

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

Thanks for the advice on the 3000, 4500 psi tanks...what other mods would my gun need to handle that pressure coming through? And what kind of power gains could i expect regards velocity of the paintballs? Wouldnt they explode coming out the barrel if too much pressure coming through?

I have heard of some mods which can alter the velocity (but may split the balls at times), which mods are these please?

thanks
S
Stop what you are doing. Its **** ups like you that give this sport a bad name. You want a home defense weapon, buy a real goddamn gun.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
Stop what you are doing. Its **** ups like you that give this sport a bad name. You want a home defense weapon, buy a real goddamn gun.
^This.^

Buy a real gun or a taser.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Or some damn Boxing lessons. Theres your defense there.

·
Administrator
14,079 Posts
baseball bat, kitchen knife, rocks, all are better than using a paintball marker, and getting this sport of ours into the news in a bad light

not to mention even if you have a 4500psi tank they have regs on them, you will still only have 800 psi at most going though your marker

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to paintballing, and have a few questions about gun modification...

I have an energy 20oz c02 tank, i believe these are 3000psi??? may be wrong...
I would like to increase the pressure of my gun, and wanted to know:

a) The max pressure tanks available
b) The extra mods needed for the gun due to higher pressure c02 going through it.

Has anyone any links for more information on this? Or other gun mods that help increase pressure?

Also, the gun i have is a 'BT4 combat', How do these rank compared to other guns?

thanks in advance!

S

thanks
S

Ok so, I'm just going to say this. Let's start with my profession. I am a PPO officer(body guard). Their are 4 levels to this. Level 1 and 2. Non-commissioned officer. In other words, officers that dont carry weapons. Lever 3 officers. Commissioned officers. Armed guards. The level 4 officers. P.P.O.(Personal protection officer/ Bodyguard). With that being said!

Let me say this:
I happen to like paintball guns. And it just so happens I own both a lethal and non-lethal weapons. I also carry both while on duty. If you want something for home Defense, you should think about getting a specific non-lethal weapon made for it. Like a Byrna! But you must be 18+ to buy it. It is a very well made Pepperball gun! Extremely effective!

Now, let me get to the fun part that most ppl don't understand. Typically, ppl dont use paintball guns for self Defense! However!!!!!!! Depending on the barrel's size, it most definitely can be used! I have a friend that works in the P.P.O. business and he Carrie's a paint ball gun with a customized barrel. .68 caliber barrel.(Wish I had a picture of it cos it dont look like a paintball gun) I might like paint ball gun but I dont claim to know alot(bought mines for me walmart) He uses pepper ball rounds in his and Carrie's his to work every day! Theirs a few times he has had to use it for crowd control and it is extremely effective. Beyond extraordinary effective! Even more so. He has the capability to rapid fire as well as substitute his rounds for rubber coated metal rounds. Unlike most non-lethal Defense weapons, a paintball gun has a higher pressure output. Which means the kenitic impact of the rounds hit much harder!
Now this ain't ideal! Honestly, I would highly advise getting a gun if your old enough and able to legally attain it in your state. However, on the off chance you dont wanna put a bullet in someone or kill them. This is a safe alternative. But, know that rubber coated metal rounds can break bones! You can also be subjected to law suit if the intruder wished/ survived So I would advise against it! Pepper ball rounds is the best choice! But their extremely expensive! Almost 100$ for 50 rounds.
Then again if your gonna enter my house without my permission..... I feel very sorry for you. Cos I'm gonna hurt you beyond belief! Your going to get a dose of pepper balls, metal rounds and smurf rounds! (Smurf rounds are the dye inside money bags from banks, but their in paint ball shells). I dont believe that any human being should kill another, but I firmly believe that you have the right to protect yourself, your family and property without the need to use deadly force. In the event that deadly force is required... well. That's a different story.

So to answer your question. If you get someone that knows what their doing you can up the pressure in a paint ball gun I guess. In Theory! And Hypothetically, you can most definitely use other rounds other then paint balls in a paint ball gun as long as you match the correct barrel size with the correct round size. Or vice versa!

But, Fyi! Goto a non-lethal self Defense forum if you want advice on this subject. I doubt they will help you tweak your paint ball gun, but they can give you more insight on what you can do for home Defense!

Personally, I commend you! Most ppl do not think of this. A paintball guns have many uses, home Defense is one of them. Some of these guys on here do not understand what it's like to know the weight of a person's life. Get a gun they say. Shoot intruders they say. Easier said then done. But understand that using a paintball gun for home Defense has it's own risks when confronting a person with a deadly weapon. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts