Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freind just sent me this software to make my whole PC turn into a Alienware looking computer. Let me be the first to say its ****ing awsome. Although I may not have the specs of an alienware, but I got the looks. lol, If anyone wants it PM. Heres what it looks like. It really is nothign special, Its just to make your Puter' look cool.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
green paint said:
stop being cheap and buy the real st00f?
I would, but i dont buy things for the name :dodgy: And if an alienware wasnt just for gaming I still wouldnt spend 4,000 dollars on a computer. Thats just pathetic...

·
12,110 Posts
Thats called a skin.. They have them for tons of themes. Literally thousands.

Alienwares really arent all that special. Any "Brand name" computer really isnt a brand name computer at all. They just take components that other companies make, and put them in a case, then slap their name on it. Your basicly paying for a fancy name and case.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But still 4,000 dollars for speed? Patience is a virtue...

Alpha said:
Alienwares really arent all that special. Any "Brand name" computer really isnt a brand name computer at all. They just take components that other companies make, and put them in a case, then slap their name on it. Your basicly paying for a fancy name and case.
QFMT, Still though, Alienwares are cool looking.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
no, patience is what you practice when your poor.

Alpha- Yeah, anyone whoes used a computer knows this. But, its nice when you can buy it all at one time instead of taking more time and money to "make" your own.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
green paint said:

Alpha- Yeah, anyone whoes used a computer knows this. But, its nice when you can buy it all at one time instead of taking more time and money to "make" your own.
Practice makes perfect thumup:

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol.

It actully came with 3 skins but this dark star one kicks major ass.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
green paint said:

Alpha- Yeah, anyone whoes used a computer knows this. But, its nice when you can buy it all at one time instead of taking more time and LESS money to "make" your own.
Fixed.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
green paint said:
Yeah right dude...

I just "Configured" my own system on Alienwares website.

It is pretty much exactly the same as this computer:

I actually purchased it in 2004 for just under $700 w/ a 19" monitor.

Exept that one in nearly $1k more and my computer is 2 years out of date!

It's the name.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Barber said:
What the **** did you just say?
Quoted For Much Truth :hug:

CoolHipJim56 said:
It's the name.
You Also have to consider how cool the alienwares look. There caseing alone is 200 something. Looks cost money to now a days :dodgy:

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
whats your call of duty 2 name?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
you can build your own computer that is as good, if not better than alienware for 1/2 the price, its like the dye of the computer world. youre paying for the name, not really the computer itself.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
One of my friends has an Alienware computer. Very nice, but cost way too much. Another one of my friends that lives down the street has built his own computer, and I like it more than the Alienware. Quins' (friend that built his own) case is awesome. Lights up and has led lights and neons and stuff...really cool when the room is dark. Maybe sometime I will get pictures.

Alienware computers are really nice, but now worth how much they cost.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.