Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I use a compressed air or CO2 tank without an ON/Off?

I have not used my gun in ages and i remember this problem i had of not being able to spin my tank off without it being under so much back pressure that it is really tough to unscrew. Is there a way to bleed the system that i am not remembering??

https://imageshack.com/i/pcCUhTIPj

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Those old maxflow tanks are reverse threaded. You turn them counter clockwise to tighten them and clockwise to loosen them.

It is worth noting that most of those tanks are now so old that they only have a few years left in the life of them, even if you get them hydro tested. (the life of a tank is 15 years) I would recommend buying a new tank and ASA. Filling an old tank like that is dangerous, especially since I bet it has not been tested.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
reverse threaded? Mine sure was not when I had it. You could put any tank on there.

the problem is there is no on/off on the ASA mounted max flos, if you wanted to get this running, A) it will run as is but its not going to solve your tank issue, the other option is to replace the forgrip with a regulator and ditch the max flo in favor of a on/off ASA

As martix said if the tank is old its really not even worth keeping though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tank literally has 3 months to live and the tech would not hydrotest it, so i am just going to buy a new tank. The problem i remember having was something along the line of having alot of back pressure when i unscrewed my tank at every fillup. I dont remember if there was a way to unscrew the tank without being under so much pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts