Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was using my 98 Custom with E-grip yesterday and on the last game I would pull the trigger and it would shoot and uncock. I decidied to go refill my CO2 and put in a new battery. I tried it again and it would do the same thing. This isn't the first time I used it. I have put about 2,000 paintballs through it before that one game. Thanks for your help. If it helps I will put pics up soon.

EDIT: All right I fixed it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah the CO2 was screwed in all the way and I didn't here any leak but I'll go and try again. Also when it would uncock it would do the thing like its out of air but the bolt would only do that 3 or 4 times then stop. But I had it full of air. Maybe I will try it with my friends HPA next time I see him.

EDIT:Could it have been I got paint in my power tube when someone shot me where my velocity adjuster is? If so can anyone one tell me how to clean the inside of the powertube or get the paint out? I tried cleaning it but only got some out.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I don't think it is your powertube being dirty, but the only way I can think of to clean that really well is to take out the entire valve.....

Do you have the original sear spring in it? Or is the sear spring worn out, that could be the problem. That or the hammer/sear are worn and have trouble catching eachother..... Look at those.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok,well I dont think its the powertube either now , it looks like I got all the paint out. I wouldn't think it was the sear is worn out because the new sear was put in when I installed the e-grip. If I can't find anything wrong I guess i'll take it to my proshop tonight.

EDIT:pics

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think I just noticed why its not working. If you look at the first pic you can see an oring out of place by the power tube. Can anyone tell me where to put it?

Edit: sorry double post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts