Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought my gun i didnt have any problems with it but the other day I was playing some woods ball and right in the middle of them game I was shooting and my barrel fell off..I'm like wtf. I look at my barrel and I cant see the threads of my barrel and i was really confused the more I looked at it I realized that the like barrel adapter or w/e...the piece that fits into the gun that you screw the barrel into was still screwed onto my barrel but yet it had came out of my gun along with the barrel in 1 piece, when this happens I can slip it back in but it's a real inconvience can I do anything about this. :shrug:

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently use an angel force barrel, 14 inches. On the price tag at my local shop it said that it would fit the a-5. Which it does..It screws in all the way at least. In the pic I have the barrel and my stock one. If you look you can see the threads.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16511442881.jpg&s=x4

In the next picture is a pic of the gun with the little adapter or w/e that came with the gun, I'll be shooting and the barrel will fall out and the adapter will still be screwed onto the barrel, and it comes out in 1 piece. I can slide it back in but it's annoying.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16511554532.jpg&s=x4

I don't know if you need any more pics or information if you do just ask. Hopefully you guys can help, Sorry about the crappy webcam pics

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh that happened to my gun put the adapter back in correctly (it will go in about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) then turn it clockwise (if you are looking straight down the barrel from the front of the gun) then tighten the 2 screws closest to the barrel and it should be fixed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
if tightening the screws still isn't enough your going to need to do this...

Take your receivers apart/seperate them.

Take your barrel adapter and put one piece of electrical tape around it, do not overlap the tape. Then set your barrel adapter into the correct spot and reassemble your body. The electrical tape will add just enough on the barrel adapter for the receiver halves to be tightened on and not come loose.

The reason this happens is because the paint on the inside of the receiver just gets worn down enough where it can no longer keep the barrel adapter tight enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts