Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I did a full takedown of my A-5, and I put it back together and the cyclone system does not feed. If I want to shoot, I have to manually feed a ball in one by one. I am guessing the small line that runs from the marker the the cyclone is an air line that feeds the cyclone, and that this is the problem. Am I right?

I am a first timer for this great sport and am frustrated by this small problem! Please help.:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
it doesnt feed when you have an air system attached? if so check your ratchet, open the bottom part of the cyclone, i had a similar problem, and it was my ratchet, it was cracked,if your in warrenty im sure tippmann well send you a replacement for free, or your local shop would , mine offered to install the vortex ratchet(but still charged me :(, its the same thing buts its not plastic its metal and will last forever basically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply! I know I did a takedown of the cyclone sometime late last night and everything seemed to be fine. The only problem now is I am out of co2 to test to see if it works:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesnt feed when you have an air system attached? if so check your ratchet, open the bottom part of the cyclone, i had a similar problem, and it was my ratchet, it was cracked,if your in warrenty im sure tippmann well send you a replacement for free, or your local shop would , mine offered to install the vortex ratchet(but still charged me :(, its the same thing buts its not plastic its metal and will last forever basically.
and yes, it does not feed with the air attached :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmm check the valve to the cyclone, check your hoses for leaks and kinks. Check your banjo fittings and make sure they are tight enough to seal the connections. Inspect the o-rings.

Are you sure you checked the ratchet, because thats the most common reason and people usually overlook it, i just want to be sure that thats definatly not the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm check the valve to the cyclone, check your hoses for leaks and kinks. Check your banjo fittings and make sure they are tight enough to seal the connections. Inspect the o-rings.

Are you sure you checked the ratchet, because thats the most common reason and people usually overlook it, i just want to be sure that thats definatly not the issue.
I will have to go and give it a good inspection here. Hopefully tomorrow I will go get some new co2 to give my "fix" a try. Let's cross our fingers and hope I resolved the problem!:shrug:

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you giet it fixed? mine did the same thing when i was low on air. it would shoot and recock but not turn the cyclone feeder. then i changed out my tank and it worked again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts