Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any procrastinators out there? I for one am the biggest procrastinator I know.

I will put everything off until literally the last minute. I'll think about it all day, telling myself I'll do it at six. Then seven. Then seven thirty. Then it turns into three AM and I'm almost sleeping.

Or, I'll tell myself everyday that as soon as I get home I'm gonna try to get my homework done then I can chill with my friends. That never seems to happen..

It's a mindset, it's a habit, and it's bringing me down.

What are good ways to deal with procrastination?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I procrastinate like its my job. Its horrible. I'd love to fix it before college or else I'm dead, but I really don't have any idea how to. I'm not sure if its possible to cure.
I swear this thought was just haunting me two hours ago. I'm really scared that I ****ed myself over. For instance, I have a 150 line paper due tomorrow 7th period. I told myself I would spend 3 periods tomorrow working on it, and type it in lunch. This is my most recent plan. I was going to type it at 9, then 10, then 11, then 12, now its almost 2. If this paper isn't completed my partner will ****ing kill me.

D

·
0 Posts
that articles reasons for procrastination are bunk. Not a single one applies to me. I don't know why I do it.. but it's bad. I have an exam worth 40 percent in 4 hours. Havent studied.

**** this, im going home.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
yessir

I have a book review that was due wednesday that im doing today before class... ps I havent read the book.

umm I have a presentation to do today and im not sure what to do with it.

I have a math test i needed to study for but didnt.

oh well... the book review snuck up on me after turkey day and **** and the rest is just gay

-wes.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
yeah that worked for a while until I got a 4 on my precalc test yesterday. The 4 points were because I got them all wrong, but when he subtracted the total wrong from 100, he got 4.

That english paper i talked about yesterday never got done. I got 50% through with it, then I went to type it, and the bell for his class rang.

I believe a lot of us procrastinate because we can. I didn't do that English paper, and he gave me an extension. I have until the end of the semester to hand I'm my missing precalc homework, although the amount of credit I receive is much less.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
i got my presentation done but my cd didnt burn for some reason... worked on my home compy but not on my lappy or my professors computer.

didnt do the book review... prolly get it in wednesday.

bout to study for my math test while im in this history class.

-wes.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
We procrastinate because we're human. Everyone does it in some form or another. Its just in what ways and to what extent. I used to procrastinate a lot but then I realized that it reflects badly on who I am and it was pretty useless. I got nothing from it.

I still procrastinate, just not as much.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Im about to start on a English paper. I dont consider it procrastinating though, as long as I start before the day it is due. lol.

But the paper has to be about one of these 4 topics.

1) in a documented essay, argue that the grandmother is responsible for the deaths of her family members in "A good man is hard to find"

2) Using one or more of the critical essays in the casebook, discuss some of the things that the bull, appearing at the begininng and the ending of "greenleaf," might symbolize.

3) Write an essay comparing Mrs. May's sons with E.T. and O.T.

4) Whar are the standards Mrs. May uses to classify people?

And I have NO clue about any of them. Hopefully google will help me a little bit on how to start them.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
I've been trying to do laundry since I got home at 8. It's now almost 11, still no laundry done.

My Senior Project (for those of you who have to do it this year or next year) is due on Friday, and the only thing I've done is the paper, and thats because our english teacher made it a grade.

Procastination is a beautiful thing.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
To bad I am in college already...

Also, tomorrow is my last day of class's, and I have three tests and a paper do.

Edit- A three hour ban from pbf would probably help me get my paper done... lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts