Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I know how you guys dont suggest starting off with something like a 600/gixxer. But I recently told my dad I was claiming his old bike as my own. And he said if I fixed it, I could have it. So guess what? Im fixing it. ;) But what is it you may ask? It is a 1975 Yamaha XS 650.

Of course nothing is suitable with out pics. So here it is now....

heh, pretty isnt it? But this is similar to what it will look like when its finished.

Here's a list of what needs done....

TO RUN

CLUTCH CABLE $12.00
BATTERY? $45.00
CLEAN GAS TANK OUT/COATED WITH SEALANT ?
CARBERATOR CLEAN >$20
SHUT OFF VALVE FOR BOTH SIDES OF FUEL TANK. $15 X2
OIL CHANGE $10

ROAD WORTHY

NEW HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY $69
NEW CHAIN' $54
NEW THROTTLE CBLE $12
BREAK CALLIBUR ??
COMPLETE BREAK SYSTEM FOR FRONT $79
EXHAuST SYSTEM ??
TUNE UP, POINTS AND PLUGS ??
AIR FILTER SYSTEM $40?
MAKE SURE BREAK LIGHTS WORK. ??
CLEAN AND POLISH ??

So it will be a while before its finished, but hopefully it will be ready by next riding season.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pipes and stuff are fine. But the parts they connect into have to be fixed or replaced. After it runs it starts coming lose. But Something like Loctite may fix that.

Also, im getting all replica parts. Not trying to modernize it any because of its history. My father and uncle used to race it every weekend. My uncle won a lot of drags with it, my dad wasnt so lucky, but he never finished last lol.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
They are giving me **** because I want a Fuel Injected 600. A carb'd 1975 650 won't have much power. It'd be good to start out on.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has duel carbs, so it will have enough for me. I mainly just want this to fix up. I will probably only ride it very little in the summer the next 4 years. Then when im out of college I will have decent road time on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts