Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the deep rural suburbs of Quincy, Massachusetts, a teenagepaintball enthusiast is beginning his plans... His codename is Alpha. His mission is to create the ultimate sniping marker.

What he has to work with:

Recyclable materials (OJ, milk jugs, toilet paper roll, toilet paper, etc)
10 feet of .68 caliber PVC
Spraypaint
squirt gun bodies (M16, AK-47 bodies)
a garage full of tools
A school shop full of tools
more

Its up to you, the people of the Paintball Forum to help him create his sniping marker.

Ideas?

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
sorry this is a little of the subject but this is what ive always wanted to do , take a talon , have a machinist machine a body out of aluminum for it and have cocker threaded barrels and center feed, that would be cool thumup:

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, thats what I'm wanting to do..

I want to try to fit it into my M16A1 squirt gun. Then add a scope adn stuff...

I'm not really going to Machine anything. I'm going ot mostly work with simple duct taped stuff.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
hmm, sounds like tons of fun. I'm liking the 4 foot barrel thing..poke some fun at paintball "snipers" could you possibly get a bi-pod of somesort rigged up? maybe use the toliet paper rolls? and I think it'd be hilarious if you also got a lazer on it.

O

·
0 Posts
Long and unnecassary everything makes for a perfect rifle. I'm talking 6 foot barrel, 100 round feed tube. Hugeass scope that usually goes on a 50 CAL sniper rifle...and lots of duct tape.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I highly suggest you put a metal barrel on it. The stock barrel, or any pvc barrel, will never really provide you much accuracy. When i modified a talon i was able to easily get a SL-68 II stock barrel on it. The SL-68 II's barrel is just a friction fit with no threads. so i cut off the stock talon barrel and bored out whats left to accept the new barrel. Worked very well.

Also if you mount any kind of site to plastic it will never stay sited in. The plastic will not be rigid enough to keep the site from flexing and changing around. Not that the paintball gun will ever be accurate enough for it to matter.

Another important mod is getting it off those stupid 12 grams. i won't go into detail on how i did it to mine for nothing (had the parts lying around), but it was a good idea.

·
Registered
713 Posts
as a disclaimer everthing i say is used for informational purposes only, blah blah blah...

and yes, when i did it i tapped into the valve assembly. i did it right where it use to pierce and seal the 12 grams. you probably could tap the valve other places but be very careful, you do not want to weaken any part that needs to hold up to and past 800 psi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts