Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best tasting/most effective one(s)...

im starting to get on a workout plan and since i dont eat much meat i need protein...but i do eat a lot of soy meat so that is a lot of protein there...but i need a boost

my goal is to gain at least 25 lbs by the end of the school year....40 would be ideal...

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Most of them arn't real good

i take the Vanilla flavored stuff that GNC sells.. Whey is where it's at...

It tastes good in most stuff u drink it with, it's just that it makes the texture weird

The best thing to take protein shakes in is Bannana smoothies... Cause the **** in bannanas keeps you from cramping up, and then you got the protein. and fiber

i personaly don't take that much protein, but i eat alot of meat.. Tuna, Steak, and chicken. I love my tuna.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
glass of Shakelee Physique after workouts and a glass of Shakelee soy protein when I wake up in the morning.

the Shakelee Physique is banana flavored. mix in some chocolate mix and yum..

the soy protein stuff tastes like crap. but it helps me concentrate better at school.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
true most protien shakes are nasty and it sucks when they dont disolve but all i do is put like 8 strawberries 2 bananas 1 thing of yogurt of your choice i like strawberrie banana then put the protien powder on top of that then put a whole glass of crushed ice on top of it and put it in your blender its sooo good even without the protein and you can barley taste the protein deffinetly worth a try ;)

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
just get the chocolate whey protein from O.N. and mix it with milk- it tastes just like chocolate milk

oh yea, put some oats in a coffee grinder and mix the powder with your shake, and it will put some good complex carbs in the mix, because protein shakes have no carbs in them, and you need the energy while lifting

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
im not sure what company its from but i just take scoops of vanila (protein), small scoop of glutamine, strawberrys, and cran-rasberry juice. I want to take creatine because since i get out of school at 12 every day its a perfect time to start up a regular work out routine. unfortunately my dad doesnt want me to take it saying there is a possibility of liver/kidney problems involved (even though he takes it himself) but anyways good luck janiboy.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
there are virtually no known problems with creatine if it is taken correctly (IE: just drink enough water)

it has recently been shown to make your brain function better, on top of making muscles work more efficiently. it helps muscles recover quicker, hold more water, and have more short term energy, which is what you use while lifting.

take creatine- you will only benefit from it. this is the stuff i get and i love it http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1618 its a new kind of creatine that absorbs a lot better, and eliminates the cramping that sometimes occurs with regular creatine when you dont have enough water in your system. it tastes kinda gross, but mixed with fruit juice you dont taste a thing

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I originally intended to start lifting/eating to bulk up some at the begining of the summer. I never got around to buying any weights, and going to the gym wasn't really my favorite of options......so I haven't yet. I think next spring sounds like a good time. Winter is lazy-time.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
TipP 98 CusToM said:
unfortunately i do

its for wrestling thow, and the guys in my wieght class are juiced, so im trying to get bigger than them
youre not gonna get bigger than anyone doing the same muscle groups every day. in fact, after a few months of over training like that, you may actually lose muscle.

do each major muscle group once a week, and do it hard. trust me, (and the science backing me up) this is the way to do it. my workout schedule is like so:

Sunday: rest
Monday: Biceps and Triceps
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Back and Lats
Saturday: Shoulders and Traps

on this plan, along with eating right (dont only eat meats, eat a lot of stuff with good carbs as well, such as rice and oats. meat has no carbs, which are what your body uses for energy. you cant rebuild muscle with protein if there's no energy for them to utilize in the process) i have put on 30 pounds of solid muscle since starting lifting in february.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts