Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

proto primo?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  martix_agent 
#1 ·
I am a woodsballer looking for a non-electronic hopper that feeds better than a run-of-the-mill gravity feed. I tried a cheap electronic hopper (55 bucks) and it was soooo loud. I need something quiet that can put out a steady yet consistant output of paint without too much shaking around.

G
#2 ·
Any electronic hopper you use that's suggested by this forum's members will function significantly better than any gravity fed one. Now - I'm not aware of any hpper that runs $55 new...the closest is the Spyder Fasta $65...halo B $75-80 and then the Pinokio $100. Those would be your 3 best baller-on-a-budget electronic hoppers.

For shake & shoots - the standard $4 Shake&Shoot should do pretty well with a T98 you've expressed owning in your other posts. If you want to spend a bit more $15 Proto Primo is arguably the best gravity fed hopper. You'll still have to shake it..just not as often.

#5 ·
I bought a Primo to use with my Automags and it works as advertised. However it is still a gravity hopper so there are times where it doesn't feed like if your marker is sharply tilted or you get ripping on the trigger. Now that said it is way better than a regular gravity loader and for most mech markers it is more than fine but it still isn't a forcefeed.

#9 ·
any good hopper will not be constantly on meaning the only time its feeding is after you have fired. there are only a few on the market that are constantly on. if you are worried about a hopper attracting attention how about the BANG BANG BANG of the marker in the first place?

primo is a pretty good hopper for what it is though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.