Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
triggers are all personal preference, no two people like the trigger to feel exactly the same

for the barrel if you want a single piece id say look into a J&J ceramic, if you want a kit there are plenty of options out there, J&J makes a fantastic one at around $70 if my memory is correct, all the way up through the $160 DW fibur if you can find it. nice thing is since your marker is cocker threaded you can go nuts if you feel the need to since chances are whatever you get next will also be cocker threaded

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trbo... erase your quotes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about. Having a "good mask" isn’t going to make your gun shoot any better.

drudarque,
I own a 2011 Proto Rail, 08 PMR, Proto SLG, Dye Nt 10, and a DM10... and i have to say, over all I love my Proto Rail the best. First thing you want to do if you’re a tournament player. GET A VIRTUE BOARD! They come tournament ready with hundreds of settings. another thing I’ve noticed is a metal back bolt cover made a hell of a difference. As far as the bolt itself.. Don’t touch it. That bolt is for the most part the same bolt as all the DYE 2011 guns, just make sure that you’re constantly doing preventative maintenance on it. Lubing it up is something you have to keep in mind. I usually take mine apart at least once a week to lube and clean. My personal recommendation is the Dye lube that came with it. Its only like $5.00 for a tube that last awhile. You’ll want to upgrade the Stainless Steel air hose that comes stock on it to a macro line. A lever lock clamping feed neck is good for easy access of taking on and off your loader which by the way, the Dye rotor is the way to go for electronic loaders. As far as Barrels go. Autococker threads means you have many choices for barrels. Almost every company out there makes every barrel available in cocker threads which is good news for us. I recommend the Dye UL or Boomstick Barrels. Super light. Accurate, and very.. very quite. Air tanks are very important when using a tournament gun. It all depends on you though, if you like having a heavier back end or you want your gun strictly light weight. Your Tank is the dependent variable here. Check out Ninja tanks. Theyre nice and are sold at a decent price. And the final piece of advice I can offer you is an on/off asa. Just unscrewing your air tank can lose air pressure in the tank, and cause the regulator to malfunction after awhile. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Trbo... erase your quotes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about. Having a "good mask" isn’t going to make your gun shoot any better.
Yes, it will. Because it won't fog, and therefore you'll be able to see where you're shooting at.

That's one of the silliest things I've ever read. Have you ever actually PLAYED?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts