Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many recommendations for The Proto Rail. What I want to know is it worth how much it is. I have many questions for this because I am finally serious in buying one. Ok I have seen Ultralight versions and regular and "Reflex" Which is the best for my money? Do they all have e-triggers? what are the pros and cons? I am willing to spend 300-400 dollars. Do the different year models matter? Can I buy an 08 and get what I expect compared to a 10? Are they all around good guns. I love speedball and also love scenario. I am a rookie and own a Spyder Victor 09 and a Spyder MR4. I am done with Spyder and want to get more serious with my game. Do i need a electric hopper or can I just use the gravity that works like a electric (which i own). I need something that lasts and can take the damage I give it (to a certain extent). Can anyone post a link telling me the best deals for a proto? I have been looking for the color the clear/sky blue or any other clear ones.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
its a great shooter. the year only changes whats bolted onto it really, the 07 i believe through 2010 all have the UL frame stock, the PRR does as well. and im not certain about the 2011 rail but i would be supprised if they didnt model the composite frame at least somewhat after the UL frame. they all have e-triggers, they are electropneumatic unbalanced spools, you couldnt make one mechanical. operation wise they are all the same on the inside.

id suggest used on ebay or a 2011 pr if you want new. but first, you will need HPA if you dont have it already, the PMR can not run on CO2, also while you can run anything on a gravity hopper if you want to get the most out of it you will need a forcefeed hopper. i suggest the empire magna that is selling for $50 right now.

get the HPA and hopper before the marker, theres no point in buying the marker if you cant use it. not to mention both the hopper and HPA will increase the performance of your current spyder

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is a great deal for $300! The Proto Rail is basically a Proto Reflex Rail without the conveniences of an on/off and other less important things like that (the on/off is important, I'm just trying to prove a pointthumup:).

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
the internals on the two markers are the same except for what we believe is a higher flowing noid or some form of QEV, proto rates the PRR at a higher cycle rate but that aside they will shoot very very similar, bolt and housing are the same on both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get an FEP Quest. Def look into it! It's msrp is $750 but Critical Paintball is selling then with a BUNCH of upgrades for $400.
It's more efficient than the PRR...
Quest > PRR/PMR ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts