Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and paintballing as well with a year experience paintballed a few times in middle and high school but that doesnt count didnt know crap.

Anyways is there any real performance difference between these two guns or anything that makes it better? Basically is there anything that makes it $50 or $100 better depending on the color u choose. I have heard that the trigger is "walkable" and a different bolt? Is it the same board? is the bolt better? Let me know guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im stuck between the 2012 reflex and valken proton there's a good package on ansgear 2012 with a rotor for 550 so I'd save $50 off a rotor. But I think I might sit and wait for 2-4 weeks incase theres a used out there or a better deal since I won't get back at it til march or april.

D

·
0 Posts
The changes made were ...I believe.. only the Solenoid. They slapped one that is slightly faster into the 13 (operated at a different dwell..if memory suits).

For $250 - you can get ...pretty much the same marker without a UL barrel, and composite components. With that $250, you can upgrade the feed neck, get a barrel you desire, possibly change out the ASA, and a halo too hopper to pair it with.

I don't remember if this marker uses Eye-Pipe technology, but I recently had a falling out with the technology type. It scuffs very easily and provides false positives/negatives often enough for me to turn my rotor tension up, and turn the damn eyes off.

As much of a fan as my prior statements about this marker would show me to be - I'm starting to quickly side with individuals that have a bit more experience with Dye (beyond their clothing). Dye markers are great great great guns to have....when they're working. I almost trunked mine this past weekend.

D

·
0 Posts
I've found the higher tensions on the ball stack to reduce the likelihood of bolt-chop while firing my 2012 reflex with the eyes off. Yes - I have ramping set for team practice play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts