Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Proto SLG and i can never fire more than 10 shots before my gun jams. the ball gets pinched in between the bolt and the feed neck. is there any way to fix this or is it best to sell the gun and get something else? what is the resale value of the gun? and anyone suggest a great speedball gun that is under $400

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
Check your loader, is it feeding fast enough, is it feeding too fast, is your gun properly lubed? What bps are you shooting? What lube are you using?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im using the lube that the gun came with its the dye brand lube, and i only use how much i was told to use so i just put a little bit on the o rings i do not over lube it at all. im running a halo hopper that feeds 20+ bps and that's around what the gun requires i believe, so i doubt that has anything to do with it jamming, but i could be wrong. not sure what bps i was shooting at this morning because i was constantly adjusting it to see if there was any pressure that it would shoot more than 10 balls before it would jam (to no success) when i first used the gun at the field it was shooting around 280 fps. its rather annoying having to press the depressurize button to make the bolt reset every few shots.

when it jams the ball gets caught in between the bolt and the neck, i thought the sear was messed up but it looked just fine spring was good also. the gun is basically brand new i bought it last year but never really used it because of the jamming issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes its jamming with eyes on and off, well it was when I got the gun but its been so long since I actually used it, how do I turn on the eyes again? It's been a while, what are detents? (im a noob pballer)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts