Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very slight hiss coming from the back cap of my SLG. I have tried lubing the O-rings on the plunger on both ends, but the lube I have is Gold Cup and its a thin oil, do I need to use a thicker grease? Are the O-rings bad?

Also, is it worth it to upgrade to the new designz back cap, so that I can screw it on and off by hand?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Oring could be bad, and yes, you need to use a lubricant, not oil. Dow33 is what Dye recommends. It can be found in many forms, Dye Slick Lube, Sl33k, Gr33se to name a few. There are other lubes that will work wonderfully, but Dow33 is easy to find, cheap, and works great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my buddy is having the same problem. but his bleeder button or whatever it is called pops out but it still leaks. what could be causing that?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
another good lube that is cheap and easy to find. go to a hardware store. buy air tool lube. it isnt petrol based so it will not eat you orings. you get a big thing of it for the same price as the small things of paintball gun lube. it is the same exact stuff
Agreed, as far as oil goes.

Grease is a separate matter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well we decided, after doing some massive research and finding a manuel online, and figuring out how to get the back cap apart... to replace the orings on the back cap pressure button(dont know if thats what its really called), the o ring on the plunger, and the o rings on the bolt itself. only suck part about all this is my local field is closed on sundays so i dont have air to test it yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i replaced the orings in the backcap and it still leaked, so i took it to RIP in reno and they sent it to dye for repair and even though i wasnt too overly thrilled with how RIP handled the maintnance they did manage to get the gun repaired under arranty. so i will give them credit for that. i only spent 20 to have it repaired(paid 20 for the RIP guy to look at it for an hr.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts