Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ericdkillhound
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, right now my friend has a SLG and he is using CO2 on it which the proto site says is fine, however the manual that comes with the marker itself says to only use Nitrogen or Compressed Air. He has already put more than a thousand rounds through it and there are no problems, just wondering if anyone knows anything else about this and why the proto site itself and the printed manual would contradict each other.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
it can spike pressure, if it does the marker is fried and it'll cost a pretty penny to fix it.

it's not something that can happen over time, it's something that'll be instant and before you realize it, it's broken. They make palmers stabilizer regulators, which specially designed for use with co2. I'd suggest going with that if you wish to continue using the co2 tank.

·
ericdkillhound
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, that is what i thought, considering it is a Hyper 3 reg, the same as the ones on DM's, i thought it was a bad idea to get it and told him to get a vibe blackheart if possible, considering we live in the middle of nowhere in minnesota and have to go at least 60 miles to get compressed air. also, the gun is still functioning and he bought it strictly for speedball and where we will be playing will have compressed air he just has to buy a tank, but we are going to Oklahoma DDAY so he should be able to pick a decent one up for cheap. also, i am confused considering proto has a vid of them shooting the SLG with a 20 oz. CO2 connected to it.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Since the noid is only a pancake style noid, that won't be the problem

The Hyper3 is very bad with CO2, but amazing on air

The only problem I can see if breaking orings prematurely and velocity inconsistency

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah the instant freeze on the orings definitely can be an issue in terms of their longevity. Just think of freezing a rubber band and how stretchy it is afterwards...same goes for the most part with your orings...co2 is a very inconsistent air source too so you could get 500psi one shot then 1200psi the next...you will never have the ball-on-ball accuracy that matrix owners have learned to love.

·
Registered
19 Posts
proto made a special co2 tank that will let you use it on electric guns, it comes in their starter pack
i would suggest getting a compressed air tank, if you have the cash

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
proto made a special co2 tank that will let you use it on electric guns, it comes in their starter pack
i would suggest getting a compressed air tank, if you have the cash
got a link? i want to take a look at this

chances are they just pre-installed a AS tube which i wouldnt trust to keep my shinny new e-marker safe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dye has confirmed the printed manual for pre-2010 Proto SLGs are incorrect. They can use CO2. Find any 2010 Proto manual and you'll see they fixed the misprint. I used to own a Proto SLG 2010 and it had the correct print. And, I also used the marker with CO2 and Compressed Air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts