Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alllllright so I traded in my phenom for a 2011 proto rail. I got to play with it saturday and i couldnt be happier. makes me wonder why i ever even bought a tippmann..anyways. Being the material upgrade fanatic that I am, I have already made a list of upgrades for my rail I want. Since this is my first time with a tournament gun I want to know in what order I should get these. Keep in mind, I already have a pair of I4s and a nice tank.

Alright so the list of upgrades i want are as follows:

Dangerous Power Clamping Feedneck - Dust Black

Techt 2011 Proto Rail Bolt & Techt Reflex Rail Bolt

Custom Products CP PMR Ultralite Rake Trigger - Dust Black

Dye UL Airport On/Off ASA - Dust Black

Now, I know that is a crazy expensive ASA, however, I really dont like the macroline coming out the side of the ASA. That dye one is one of the only i can find that allows the macroline to come straight out the front of it.

So, please let me know in what order you would buy these upgrades, if at all. Thanks

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
First off, don't waste your time with that bolt. The stock bolt works beautifully, put the money towards a 68/4500 tank so you won't run out of air in the middle of a game.

Bob Long makes quarter turn ASA's that go out the front, they're all over ANSgear

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
I forgot to mention before you buy an ASA, buy a good barrel. The stock Rail barrel is pathetic, get yourself a one piece CP barrel if you're on a budget. ASA's are completely for convenience, a bad barrel will ruin your day however.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh i have a 14 inch carbon fiber invert nightstick. Its alright, the bore is kinda big but I got it used for 25 bucks so im not complaining

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay so noone answered my question. If this was you, what order would you buy them in? I know theyre not necessary, but who doesnt like tricking out their guns?

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
1. Clamping feedneck
2. ASA

(shouldn't buy)
3. Trigger
4. Bolt

The stock trigger is so good already that the only reason you should replace it is if you want a different shape trigger. But that rake trigger is exactly the same, all you're doing is spending 30 bucks for your trigger to be painted black...

And that bolt is a waste of money. I'm sorry, but DYE Precision does not spend thousands and thousands on R&D each year for people to go swap out for a bolt that maybe performs minisculy better.

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
Okay cool, the bolt i mainly wanted to increase efficiency. Does it not make it that much more efficient?
I'd be shocked if it does. It's still a spool valve bolt, which will always be not the best for efficiency. All TechT claims that bolt does is increase accuracy (a joke), decrease the noise, and decrease kick. However, the Rail is already very very quiet, and does not kick much at all. If there is room for improvement, it's not $70 worth of improvement, and NOT having the upgrade won't negatively affect your playing in any way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
miller, my buddys lookin at that mokal aura, i saw u had one. i told him just to get a rail or an extcy. do you like it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts