Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Let's hug it out
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
taken from www.krazygamers.com

Nizam Admin of Krazygamers said:
Sony is now reconsidering the launch of Sony's PlayStation 3, because of its price.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/02/news_6129862.html

They're bringing it down to one thing - the success of Xbox 360's launch. If Xbox 360 has an amazing launch, then we can expect PS3 being rushed in late March, early April. But then again, I do expect the PS3 will have shortages if they launch early in 2006, especially since Sony is having fiscal issues.

"If the 360 tallies significant sales early, Sony would need to fire on all cylinders and get the PS3 into the channel ASAP"

This is a very risky move, imo. It's not going to launch well in Japan of course, but the majority of the Xbox Live gamers here in America and Europe will dig Perfect Dark Zero online, and IGN and TeamXbox are already predicting it to be the killer app title.

I am assuming the PS3 to be $550ish to $600 now, because they seem really concerned about the price. Or it could be...

discuss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
are you ****ing serious, 550-600 freakin dollars????? how much is 360 going to cost? (be funny if they made it $360) theres no way sony will get even close to xbox if they charge 550 for a ps3


edit: just went and searched, 360 is gonna be in the neighborhood of 300 buxx. sony is going to kill themselves if they dont drastically lower the price.
 

·
oh snap
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
When I see a picture of a PS3...the first thing that i think of is a printer. I don't know why...but to me...the ps3 looks somewhat like a printer.

I would never spend that much on a video game system. I'm not going to buy a ps3 or xbox 360, mainly because I'm not much into video games any more. I would rather spend my time outside and hanging out with my friends, than to be sitting on my ass all day playing video games.
 

·
Let's hug it out
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fenix_freak said:
When I see a picture of a PS3...the first thing that i think of is a printer. I don't know why...but to me...the ps3 looks somewhat like a printer.

I would never spend that much on a video game system. I'm not going to buy a ps3 or xbox 360, mainly because I'm not much into video games any more. I would rather spend my time outside and hanging out with my friends, than to be sitting on my ass all day playing video games.
yeah the thing is pretty big

i would buy an xbox 360 atleast, you don't need to be playing it daily. i know i don't. Usually i buy games that are good for parties when people over but if i find a good single player game i'd get it.
 

·
Let's hug it out
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
sorry i didn't post the link said in the quote


-edit

their i edited the original post so it has the correct URL to the article



so JinJiro the PS3 could be 500-600 because of costs to create the huge monster. well 500-600 to make a profit. they could do what microsoft did with the original xbox. Make it cost as much if not less than it did to manufacture it. Microsoft did not see a single penny of profit out of the xboxes because the material cost so much.

But the article stated inside the quote shows strategists talking about a way to earn a profit while the xbox360 is launched. They could do whats stated and lower the price of the ps2 to 100 so potential customers of the xbox360 spend less on a different product that already has good quality released games that didn't come out to the xbox or gamecube.
 

·
Let's hug it out
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
flowbob said:
my friend told me that he saw on gamespot/faqs that 360 WONT have backwards compatibility, which i think is a HUGE mistake.
it's a turn off but also a marketing strategy. People that buy the 360 will buy it's games. Some of those games will be sequels to previous games found on the xbox. If the buyers of the 360 are interested in the WHOLE story or how the game was before then they will buy the original xbox along with the prequel game.
 

·
Let's hug it out
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
empire 4 life said:
I was watching this thing on Tv. And sony isnt going to put the same hardware they boasted about at E3 2005 because it would cost to much :dodgy:


So its going to be less (performance wise then what they claim)

Downgrade *puts thumb down*
eh i would rather they downgrade their console then letting it be a $500 monster. it'll end up like steel battalion on the xbox. IT was expensive as hell but the graphics looked soo cool. but no one bought it because of its price (300 for xbox 200 for steel battalion controller 50 for steel battallion game)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
sumsimpleracer said:
it's a turn off but also a marketing strategy. People that buy the 360 will buy it's games. Some of those games will be sequels to previous games found on the xbox. If the buyers of the 360 are interested in the WHOLE story or how the game was before then they will buy the original xbox along with the prequel game.

this is true. but look at ps2's success with it. idk some people wont buy it right away because they wanna play halo2 instead of paying 300 and waiting a year for halo3. but eventually it will be bought.
and for steel batallion- never heard of it. i remember when i got my ps2 the first game i bought was socom navy seals, and was dissappointed with 2 things- the game play, and the price tag...bought it right when it came out for like 75 bucks...6 months later its 30 ;0 this is why i like to rent games before i buy them now
 

·
Almost leet
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
big_balla89 said:
The only reason I want to get the PS3 is because of Killzone 2... Guess I can wait for the price drop...

in 2k7 550 will pocket change.

start saving your food stamps ladies
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
flowbob said:
are you ****ing serious, 550-600 freakin dollars????? how much is 360 going to cost? (be funny if they made it $360) theres no way sony will get even close to xbox if they charge 550 for a ps3


edit: just went and searched, 360 is gonna be in the neighborhood of 300 buxx. sony is going to kill themselves if they dont drastically lower the price.
x-boxes sold horribly. they literally have piles of them in a lot of stores ebcuase they cant sell them.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top