Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been playin pump for a while now and my friend is a beginner in the sport but I've kind of influenced him to play pump because I'm always talking about it. He kind of wants to buy a phantom now but he's worried about getting owned on the field. He's been using my back up spyder but I recently sold it so he doesn't have a gun to play with now. Anyway, do you guys think he should buy a phantom or buy a semi auto and get a little better. Thanks for the help. thumup:

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i got 3 friends into paintball they are all starting out with phantoms. i told them they are going to get pwnd just like every one when they start but they will get better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I duno i say buy a spyder for beginners, even tho there not reliable at all, or get a tippman 98 cuz they can take a beating and there easy to fix. I guess if they started out with a pump they would be ok, its just he conversion is a little trickey.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Id get a pump to start out but tell him to get a cheaper one in case he dosnt like it, like a pgp(very good for beginners). If he wants a semi tell him to get a 98c mines served me well for 3 years.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well does'nt matter He'll get owned anyway since he's new. Well I would say go pump first and learn the basics. With some TRAINING (not just running out on the field and play) the learning curve is much steeper when playing with a pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
beginner Gun

Hi , i think if you are a beginner , why buy an expensive Gun. Buy a less expensive Gun , and if you have Fun with it than buy a good Barrel. Together you are better than an Expensive Gun and the price is Equal.
Like you bye for example a Sterling Bronze after you think its Fun buy a Freak Barrel for it. This two Parts together are the same in Price like a Phantom with Standard Barrel :D
Gonzales

1 - 9 of 9 Posts