Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I'm getting back into paintball, but I'm doing it pump style. Now I don't want to look like some scrub pulling 10 rounds out of my pockets so I need to know what harnesses are out there (I've only got ones for regular pods).

I was looking at this one.
Ronin Gear Flipped Out Stock Harness Pack - RoninGear.com
anyone have any experience with it?

If we could also get some info and experiences with all kinds of harnesses then maybe I'll compile all the info into a super stock class harness thread.

Expect to see me around the boards again!

:hug:

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I play pump... :(

The Ronin harness is great if you want the feel of a regular harness and it holds a lot of paint but I prefer a leg or wrist harness. PBmafia has a lot of great stuff for pump players as well.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Road kill, the harness your looking at is a capless one. Meaning the caps on the 10 round tubes can be off. I personally don't know how well they work, but I've heard good things. I've also heard that if the cap less thing don't work you can just put the caps on and use the pack.

I personally have this pack:
Ronin Gear Elite Stock Harness Pack - RoninGear.com
It works great. I don't load it up like the picture shows, if you run the tubes will fall out like that. Instead I put one 10 round tube through both slots. YOu can run, jump, and what ever without any problems than. And like that it still holds 15 tubes with 8 12 grams. More than enough.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I play pump... :(

The Ronin harness is great if you want the feel of a regular harness and it holds a lot of paint but I prefer a leg or wrist harness. PBmafia has a lot of great stuff for pump players as well.
I've had the wrist and leg harnesses but I had problems with them sliding too far down/staying tight. I'd rather not use those.

Road kill, the harness your looking at is a capless one. Meaning the caps on the 10 round tubes can be off. I personally don't know how well they work, but I've heard good things. I've also heard that if the cap less thing don't work you can just put the caps on and use the pack.

I personally have this pack:
Ronin Gear Elite Stock Harness Pack - RoninGear.com
It works great. I don't load it up like the picture shows, if you run the tubes will fall out like that. Instead I put one 10 round tube through both slots. YOu can run, jump, and what ever without any problems than. And like that it still holds 15 tubes with 8 12 grams. More than enough.
The capless is the main attraction point to me on this one. While cheap, I can't really afford to be losing caps and reordering them constantly so I'm always fiddling to put them back on so they don't get lost. Not a good thing during a heated firefight.

While 15 tubes is plenty for speedball, scenario ball is one of my play areas. Big scenarios. I will shoot through 15 tubes easily without returning to base. If I have to decrease the amount of paint I'm carrying so it won't fall out while I'm running, then that harness is a no go. I'm always the person that laughs at people lobbing down trails and charges ahead like a suicidal mad man. Stopping to pick up dropped paint is fatal.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
well glad i could help. The elite harness will require you to carry less tubes if you're running/jumping or what ever.

I usually play senerio as well, I play pretty aggeresive and rarly get close to shooting the full pack before having time to re load.

If you're having problems lossing caps, the weve speedcaps really help. Not saying that you will never lose them, but they are alot easier to hang on to. Check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts