Banned
1,183 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaatttttteee

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
p8NtB/-\113r said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaatttttteee
They are no more accurate then any marker if they have the good paint-to-bore match. Their is a video on Webdog explaining this.
Low resolution video: http://www.webdogradio.us/video/tipclip/WDR30.wmv
High resolution video: http://www.webdogradio.us/video/tipclip/WDR30hi.wmv

People get pumps because it teaches them to be a better player. Look at it this way, if you ever played basketball I'm sure your coach made you shoot hoops with a medicine ball. Once you got your hands on a real basket ball it felt so light you feel like you can score from across the feild.
Once a pump player gets their hands on a paint-slinging machine, after playing pump, they will know what to do when they are at a disadvantage.

Also, people get pump markers because you can last a full day of play on a bag of 500 paintballs, meaning you don't spend a lot of money to play. Some people, who are loosing interest in paintball, get a pump thinking that will get their drive back.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
in a few words, its cheaper to play with less paint, its harder because you have to aim every time, and its more fun because its a challenge

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
MP11 said:
Also, people get pump markers because you can last a full day of play on a bag of 500 paintballs, meaning you don't spend a lot of money to play. Some people, who are loosing interest in paintball, get a pump thinking that will get their drive back.

-Mike
a bag will get me and 3 friends through 2, 3 hour sessions
i almost quit ballin until i found pump play

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well I can tell you you get a lot more bang for the buck.i had a blackhawk pump back in 1992.500 paintballs would go a long way,you also had to be stealthy and cunning.I now have picked up speedballing and back then would have never believed that I could shoot 14bps or be carry over 500 rds in a harness on my back.Kinda wished I never got rid of it,LOL :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Spyshark, you mentioned speedball in your post. What I have found is that on a speedball field if you bring a pump you're automatically the primary target. it is something that can be used to you and your team's advantage. I have seen people make really bad tactical decisions just to "get the pumper" (me) and get lit up by my semi-carrying teammates. it's a lot of fun to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts