Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a 98 custom, I traded some stereo stuff for it... I went out playing for the day and it shot great.. But just because its new to me I wanted to take it apart and clean it up a bit... Now I cant seem to get it to go back together... I am especially having trouble with the 2 springs in the back... the spring that goes in the center is going in no problem its the spring that goes in the top hole that is giving me trouble.. its longer then the other and doesnt want to go in sraight.. also when I shot off all of my c02 I saw the o- ring in the back that goes on those two springs shoot forward (which was the main reason why I took the gun apart) I didnt know if that was normal... Also I cant figure out where that o ring goes and what its purpose is... there isnt really a groove that it sits in... If there is I just didnt see it... Any help would be great as I would like to get it back together so I can shoot the thing again... Thanks,
-Scott
aka Vermont Woods

·
Registered
21 Posts
it just goes on those 2 springs.... its there to stop the metal from hitting metal

the spring should have a metal rod inside it. maybe you lost it? each spring has a metal rod that goes inside it which keeps it straight. you could possibly have made the mistake of having the rod go into the hammer instead of the rear cap

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no both rods are still intact... but its the end of the spring which just bends because its almost too tight of a fit.. I am going to mess with it tomorrow because I have the day off.. man did that make me mad.. I got frusterated and gave up for the night.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
seriously, its not your fault for wanting our advice, and i dont want to be mean (im just sharing what ive learned), google how to assemble it. pming you for additional help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts