Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thing looks like the coolest thing ever......but is it?
it says it is the fastest hopper(well not hopper but wtr).
it seems like a plus not having a huge target on top of ur gun to show everyboby where u were but i have heard sum people say it is no good.

the link to the Q-loader is www.qloader.com

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
we got into a debate about that. We realized that the q loader was pretty stupid for a loader.

this is what my admin from my site said.

From a technology/usability standpoint alone... besides the fact that it looks gay.... you have other problems.

Can you imagine missing a game because you were too busy winding up your loaders? and how many of them would you have to have preloaded (one ball at a time, I may add)?

Your team would laugh at you, and the first game that you missed or had your gun go down due to an over-complicated feed system would get you either sat on the bench, or kicked off the team.

Sorta reminds me of warp feeds. They look good on paper, but they lack usability, and hence, no pros use them.
I used to use a warp feed, but it was too hard to shoot left, and the weight made it harder to dive with. You do NOT want a heavy gun when you are slamming your elbows into the ground.

Finally, no matter what you gun/loader setup is, reliability and usability are the most important things to have. Looks and rate of fire are secondary.

Bottom line - you want your setup to be simple. Warp feeds are not simple. Neither is the qloader. They just introduce more things to go wrong.

That is my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The average feedrate speed is 30bps.
Thats the same as the Halo-Z.

The primary advantage of the Qloader is your view is not abstructed by the hopper.
The disadvantage is its expensive, holds fewer rounds, and takes longer to reload.
Plus, some say its more fragile, and requires more maintenece, which may be true-

The low profile makes it attractive for fronts. Its smaller then the Warp, and would allow very tight shooting.
But, not much use for mids and backs.

Personally, the Halo, or even the Evo seems more useful, but the low profile is nice. If you get lots of loader hits, then look into getting the Qloader

Nick

·
Registered
287 Posts
it doesnt help much with unobstructing your view on top of your gun. you still have a big honkin feed neck and the quloader hose running into it. i think a big hopper that is symmetrical would be more beneficial than a qloader that makes your view obstructed since the hose is either running left or right.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
qloader is a step forward thats a good thing. I dont' think they have it yet. Its good because it works like a warp feed. It actually one uped the warp if you ask me. Its lighter and easier to maintain than a warp feed. If you feel the need to bring it done this is probably a good bet and...its cheap. The weight was an issue that ended up turning me away. I shot a fast gun and needed a fast loader but the tubes were heavier and held less...this caused a problem for me because that ment to bring out 500 rounds in a tourney...easily blown by me I had to carry out 5 tubes. that ment my redz pack was full AND it was really much heavier than I would accept. When playing front you like the no hopper but you hate having a full pack. I would prefer a halo with my lock pods...each holding almost twice that of the qloader tubes at 160 rounds each I could walk on with about 650 tubes on my back at much less weight. More pods less reloading. In the end not my thing...but if you shoot only 300 shots or around there and don't mind a little pack and little wieght your set...Try it before you buy it.
nick

·
Registered
520 Posts
yea im thinking about trading someone my evo 2 for there revy,its insane how many hopper hits i get,expecially since i play front,and if i had to money to get a halo because of low maintenance

·
Registered
94 Posts
well speaking from experience, the q-loader is very easy to use virtually maintenance free (unless you break a ball inside a pod) it is fast and easy to reload off the field. the feed tube hardly gets in the way of anything, and it doesn't really throw your gun off balance.

i don't know why so many people think the q-loader is a bad system. aside from the limited round capacity it is far better then its battery powered relatives in every other way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, I used my qloader today, or atleast I tried to. Perhaps I got a defective system or I'm less mechanically inclined then I think I am, but this thing worked like crap on my cocker. I don't suggest this thing at all, I'm returning mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The thing looks fantastic in the videos on the website. Im jones-in' for one bad.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i used one for about 2 months. i also played xpsl vegas with one. they are alright loaders. low pro, fast and easy to load. they are just heavy and clunky if you dont have the right set up.

for a rec baller or scenario baller they will be perfect. but if they want to sell to tournament players they need to make some adjustments.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love my Qloader!

PROS:
1) No battery
2) Fast, Fast, and Fast. Did I mention Fast?
3) Low profile. Eliminates Hopper hits.
4) Can fire in any position. Even sustained upside down.

CONS:
1) Expensive.
2) You get flamed constantly by people who have never used one.
3) Take a bit longer to load. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad.
4) Only hold 100 per pod. But really how often do you use more than 500 rounds in a game?

Overall, thay are super reliable and very well made. They do not break easily due to a high strength plastic polymer. They can feed well over the advertised 30BPS. The only limitation to them is the prewinds on the spring and the strenght of your paint. It can actually feed so fast that will break paint when you stop firing, though this has never happened to me and my tippy. To the people who flame them..... get a life and stop being jealous of a good system. Not everyone wants a halo b.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Digital Gangsta said:
Wow, I used my qloader today, or atleast I tried to. Perhaps I got a defective system or I'm less mechanically inclined then I think I am, but this thing worked like crap on my cocker. I don't suggest this thing at all, I'm returning mine tomorrow.
Nope, not u. It's defective. All are defective.
Read my last post.

anyways, here's another post from my admin

99% of the web kiddies that extol the virtues of 30 balls per seccond are those that buy into hype and are not out there in the real world, winning tournaments.

There is no magic loader that is going to make you a better player. You can shoot a gun fast by walking the trigger or by fanning it. Big friggin deal.

I played in a tournament and got first place this weekend with my Halo. And I probably only achieved 14bps.

ROF is the most over-rated part of paintball technology. Explain to me why when I was shot at last Sunday by some kid who was fanning the piss out of his gun, why I was able to crawl to the other side of my bunker, pop-up, and gog him with 2-3 balls?

That is my point. The Halo B is fast enough. If you get shot in the loader all the time, then it is because you have not yet learned loader control and bunker control.

If you tell me that you NEED a loader that can feed 40 balls per second, then you are a liar. Take your 40 bps loader and go play against Dynasty in the NPPL. You will get your ass handed to you. And when you go to reload your spring/loaded loader, you will get the piss shot of you. At least with my Halo, I can reload and shoot at the same time.

ROF is overrated. I will keep saying it over and over until the wannabe web kids out there get it. Being offended because people call it "gay" or "silly" or whateverthe****.... that is just, well, gay.

I am ALL for innovation. If I weren't, then I would not have even TRIED the warp feed and put up with the ribbing that I got from my teammates for using it, and the hurt elbow that I got from diving with it. But after that experience, I think I will pass on the qloader for all the reasons I have mentioned.

Kids that think that a magical 30bps loader will help them need to:

A. Start Jogging
B. Practice loader control
C. Practice snap shooting
D. Practice offhand shooting
E. Play tournaments and stop messing with your gun.

Do you want to WIN or do you want a gun that makes people go "that is interesting"... or for that matter, they may say "that's gay".
End.

Here is someone elses post

first off you wind up all your pods before the game and put them in ur pack. The set comes with the mounting system and 5 pods i think "q loada" haha pods. So you arent going to be sitting there winding in the middle of the game. I'm not sure how i feel about this but since its a new product and its worth a try i am going to. I am beta testing this product and they are sending it to me soon. I will post up here how i feel about it once i have played with it. I have a feeling it is either going to rock like no other, suck massive nuts, or just break before i even get to play with it or die in the middle of my game. We'll see, it is worth a try.
End

Okay, u want to wind 5 pods???????? slowly at that?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think the Qloader is a decent idea however the size and the cost throw me off. If it is mounted by the tank I think it would be great. If I bought one I would surely mount it there.

Im thinking I would rather get an evo 2, and indeed I will be buying one soon.

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
I saw a kid using one at my field once, noone really flamed him, but i could never see myself using one, theyre just, all 'blah' for me. I thought it looked fairly cool with the whole clip style reloading action going on, but i would MUCH rather have a halo or my revvy. I think for speedball, they just dont work. In scenarios? i could see them being a decent addition to a scenario gun.

·
Registered
520 Posts
ur gonna get one of those mise will just go halo

·
Registered
361 Posts
HP_lovecraft said:
The average feedrate speed is 30bps.
Thats the same as the Halo-Z.

The primary advantage of the Qloader is your view is not abstructed by the hopper.
The disadvantage is its expensive, holds fewer rounds, and takes longer to reload.
Plus, some say its more fragile, and requires more maintenece, which may be true-

The low profile makes it attractive for fronts. Its smaller then the Warp, and would allow very tight shooting.
But, not much use for mids and backs.

Personally, the Halo, or even the Evo seems more useful, but the low profile is nice. If you get lots of loader hits, then look into getting the Qloader

Nick
a few mistakes i found in that... i know cause my teammate has a qloader.
it feeds much faster then 30 balls per second.. its somewhere aorund the 50s. and its REALLLLLLY quick to reload, snap the pod off, snap a new one on.(it does take alittlewhile to load the pods with paint though)
ones you get used to it there are very little things that can go wrong with it. last tournament i had alot more halo problems then he had with his qloader.
and its just as expansive as a halo... PLUS you have to get new batteries for it alot and those new boards are a hastle.
i guess its just personal prefrence though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts