Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry if this a newb question but I got my 98 custom pro a few days ago and was wonderin what the little flat head screw on the right side of the gun above the safety is?

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Its a plug installed because there isn't a cyclone feed on it. You can take it out and attach the cyclone feed system to it and it's from that point the air goes to the cyclone.

Come on torch you should know that, the RT dosn't have a plug because it is run internally. I'll let this one slide though. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I swear the diagram in the manual is the most misleading thing ever about that screw. I could have sworn, for the first week at least, it was the velocity adjustment screw. When I switched power tubes for my Cyclone feed I thought I had to take out the (now known as velocity adjustment screw) weird screw that seemed to be holding the valve in the power tube. Of course thinking this locked the valve in the power tube I made sure to tighten it the whole way down upon reassembly.

You should have seen me fine tuning that screw above the safety when my gun was just farting out little tufts of air later. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I guess I figured it out because it's fine now but it's never been chrono'd so who knows if I'm shooting rocks at my friends or not. That would explain frequent bruising...

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Ok here's the hose I was talking about not being external.

Anyway, my point was that the screw he's talking about isn't for the R/T as you can see in the picture it's not very close to the saftey and it's deff not for velocity. Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice picture. Is there a hose that connects to that little silver valve on the outside and runs to the screw on the power tube? I always thought that was how it worked and that you would need some sort of special attachment if you wanted to use a Response Trigger and a Cyclone feed at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts