Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, ive always wanted an autococker but heard stories about how finicky they can be to tune and time. I recently bought a very nice WGP Outcast autococker and so far so good. Ive been test firing it in the backyard and noticed its shooting every which way. Its been very windy here and im using valken field grade paintballs. The barrel that came with it is in great condition, its a chrome CP one piece barrel and im using a techt ifit kit as well. Ive tried a dye ultra lite barrel and an invert nightstick barrel with it as well and it was still shooting all wonky.

Friends have told me to get a new reg but i was hoping to keep the stock one on there as it matches better :p. Is this just how older markers shot? lol, cuz what made me want an autococker was trying my buddies resurrection. Please let me know if theres anything else to try, thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use that paint regularly, its quite bad but through my dm7 its a lot more accurate. It looks like the barrel puts a forward spin on the ball or something, so it always arks like a rainbow. Like a cheap tippmann marker :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it better to really underbore, then matching the bore of the paint? i also have a ccm s6.5 and i usually bore it so that the paintball just sits in place without much force at all, so i was doing the same with the cocker. Was worried if i underbored to much, that it would break.

·
Administrator
14,041 Posts
^^^ I agree

I used to bore match, now I underbore, the problem with bore matching is that each paintball is going to be slightly different even in the same bag and some will sit differently in the breach meaning the seal from paintball to barrel is going to be slightly different, so even if the marker is putting the same amount of air behind each paintball, some will seal better and some will not meaning very different velocities

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah i gotcha, i undrebored it this last weekend at a big game, and it was shooting great!, even with some pretty crappy paint, but ive run into another problem lol. I was having quite a few double feeding shots going on. Im using my rotor with the autococker so i thought maybe its just to much force for that marker, should i just use a gravity fed hopper?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i replaced the detent and now things work great, but as always, when i fix one problem, another arose :p. Im having issues with bursting micro lines, at first they were fine, for a few games, then they kept popping off. So i stole an idea that the new empire resurrection had. I cut up small pieces of macro line to put OVER the micro line when it goes over the barb, to help keep it from popping off. Because i thought maybe the barbs are just not catching the micro line well. One game it started raining so i left my autococker aired up in my trunk for about an hour. I came back, and my tank was bone dry and i wondered wtf happened. one of the micro lines split down the middle!. lpr pressure just to high or something??

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
It could be that or the hose could just be very old and needs replaced. I would replace them first, and if that doesn't fix it lower the pressure.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If one of them split down the middle he has to have new hose anyway. :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Do you have fresh (i.e. not old and brittle) and properly rated LP hose? The stuff I have is 174 psi Working Pressure, 507.5 psi Burst Pressure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ah using o-rings would be a good idea!. i have plenty nice new micro line from ans gear. Im real new to autocockers, if i just simply turn down the pressure of the lpr on (counter clock wise?) would i have to fiddle with the reg and sweet spot things again? or will it just slightly change the efficiency?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The LPR for cockers only limits the air going to the pneumatics, not the air that shoots the paintball. Other markers, the LPR limits the air that shoots the paintball. So for cockers, changing the LPR will not have a huge effect on the other stuff or it may not change it at all.

So you should be safe to turn it down a little and not have to do all of that to test it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts