Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there really a difference bewteen the paint you use... I bought wild streak orange ones at the store and they were awuful.. You couldn't even see the paint once they broke... But i also bought pink scortch from walmart and i really like them... they explod paint everywhere... But they are from walmart so does that mean they suck....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh.. well the wildstreak boxes the balls inside are already broke and stuff but the scortch is like brand new and are never broken in the pacage

·
Registered
324 Posts
I bye my paint from a local sporting goods store instead of the local PB shops. I usually get monster ball. I haven't heard if it is suppose to be good, but it's all I've ever used and I like it a lot. I've never boughten wallmart paint, but my friend said some of the balls have weak shells right out of the bag. I've never had that problem and my paint is pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah, I get monster balls 2000 rounds for 35$ at sports authority. It's cheap, but I like it just fine and I didn't notice a difference between that and my friends pack of PMIpremium paint.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Scorch is my favorite paint to use. It has amazingly good quality for it's price.

·
Registered
324 Posts
counterstrike53 said:
you would pay 45 for 2000 monsterballs? online you can buy a case of prems for that much....
I only pay 30-35$ depending upon which store I buy it from, not 45$. Prems are nice though. I buy em' when I can afford them, otherwise I get monster ball.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There's not too much difference in paint if you buy it new. Some shells are harder, some are softer, some paint is brighter, some paint is darker. All that really matters is that it doesn't break in your gun but on your target. I use everything from Afterburners, to Cryptic, to more high quality ones. Afterburners are like a freakin' marble but they do break and they're hard to wipe off. Cryptic has softer shells, and are a little easier to wipe off, but they leave more of a splatter.

What paintballs you buy are pretty much your own preference, there isn't much difference in paint until you get more into the more expensive stuff, but even then it doesn't matter much. I wouldn't buy paint from a store like Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire though, because if you go to a paintball store you can usually find deals on the same paint and it's usually handled better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts