Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interest to buy a freak barrel kit and I know a little bit how it work and increase the power and precision of the shoot, but can you tell me what kind of freak insert do what !? (the bore size) if its smaller or bigger!?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
most of your questions can be answered by reading the *Ultimate Barrels& paint* sticky at the top of the Barrel and paint Forum.

The inserts are used to "match up" to what size bore your paint is. (Not all paint bores are created equal like the manufacturers say). The most common bore size is somewhere between .689-.691. So you would be safe if you got an insert in that size.

In my opinion i wouldn't buy the kit but rather just a barrel with one insert sized .691 or .689

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Ya, paint comes in many different sizes so the inserts are different sizes to fit these different sized paintballs as best as possible since paint to barrel matchup is the most important thing to consider when you're looking for the best possible accuracy and performance out of your barrel.

And before purchasing the entire kit, you should take into consideration the different brands/kinds of paint you use. If you find yourself using many different sized/kinds/brands of paintballs, then the full kit may be a good idea. If you only use 1 or 2 kinds that are around the same caliber, then you only need 1 or 2 inserts. So really, buy the inserts you need.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Negative on the .682, that's pretty damn small. Next you should get the .689 and .691 inserts. .684 (or around that, I don't know the exact sizes) is as low as you should need to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts