Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here ever set up a sc phantom with a tank mounted directly to the back as opposed to vertical. I've been thinking about getting a 3.5oz tank, but I want it mounted on the back. I wonder though if it will interfere with the feed tube (10rd). I play 12g most of the time because I like the small, light setup, but in speedball games if I shoot alot of paint and have to change 12g I'm leaving myself really vulnerable.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Im going to say yes. You need to remove the puncture aperture. Use a 3/8 inch allen key to do so. I think you will be able to just screw in the tank after this and then you're ready to go.

Sorry for the wait on the answer, i was hoping someone who actually plays with a setup could give you a more sure answer. Page 4 in the phantom manual for picture instructions. Pnda_Express (i think thats how you spell his name) is pretty knowledgable on pumps.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
On pictures it looks like it might interfere, but you could either modify the feed tube to make it shorter, but that might not be a good idea. You could cut and solder the feedtube so it is angled upwards at the end near the asa. That would be an option. I don't know much about phantoms, but that sounds like a reasonable idea.

Would a pump still be stock class if you were using a 3.5 ounce tank?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roadkill-I know that it will fit, all I have to do is pop off the punture pin assembly (do that all the time for cleaning anyways) its just an issue of it interfering with the feed tube, and I'm not gonna modify the tube. I think it should be fine though, cuz I put a 9oz on it and it wasn't too bad, and a 3.5oz is like 3/4" smaller in diameter. Ellis- no it won't be stock class, but I never get to play any pump tourneys, so it doesn't matter. Running out of air w/ 12g in a tight one on one blows. Thanks for responding anyways, this poor forum just doesn't see much action. Maybe I'll get somebody to take some pics of me bunkering people playing speedball with a pump and throw those up to gain some interest in pumps.

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you have a 10rd feed it will work, your talking about gettting a backbottle valve?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I have a backbottle valve already (hsc phantom) and 10rd feed. It works fine. I was thinking about moving it to bottomline, but I think I like it the way it is. Saves me $35 too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ok i see what your trying to do now...if you have backbottle and you like it, don't fool with a bottom line...mine is bottom line and i have a VSC though I just ran my 13ci through some macro to a gutted reg acts as a gas through
through the hardline and it works great..backbottles have that certin look, ive been thinking about pickingup another phantom for some time now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts