Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is NOT my homework but it's a trick question my teacher gave me today for extra credit

Speed of a plane = 1760 meters/8seconds
Solve for the unknown, which is the total speed by dividing the 1760 meters by the 8 seconds? What do you get? (HINT: Do not cross out the labels, meters, and seconds. They do not match, so you must leave them in. Your answer will be ____m/_____s)!!!!

(I sooo don't understand this...can anyone help?)

Billy is late for her fashion show. So she decides to run there. Before she takes off she is moving at 0 meters/second. After 5 seconds, she reaches her max. sprint, 2 meters/second. If her orginal velocity is 0 m/s, her final velocity is 2 m/s, and her time is 5 seconds, what is her acceration?

Predict what might occur if there is a decrese in velocity, or if the value of acceration is negative?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
how old are you? i wish i had this kind of hw

anyway, for the first one you just divide the distance by they speed to get your meters per second

second problem- im not sure how they want you to word the answer, but you are going from 0-2 meters per second in 5 seconds so you are accelerating at a rate of 2 meters every 5 seconds. divide 2 by 5 and you are accelerating .4m/s

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 14 & i'm in 8th grade...its only been 3rd week of skool so their not giving us hard crap yet....but I dunno, my science teacher typed up that thing and she made the girls name Billy. My freinds mom name is Billy.....

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
simple, you just find the formula for volume of a cylinder, i think its Pi*R^2*L,
and you that should give you the amount of dirt

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
This question is NOT my homework but it's a trick question my teacher gave me today for extra credit

Billy is late for her fashion show. So she decides to run there. Before she takes off she is moving at 0 meters/second. After 5 seconds, she reaches her max. sprint, 2 meters/second. If her orginal velocity is 0 m/s, her final velocity is 2 m/s, and her time is 5 seconds, what is her acceration?

Predict what might occur if there is a decrese in velocity, or if the value of acceration is negative?
A = (V change)/ t
A = 2 / 5
A = .4 meters per second

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
How would ya put 220 in the ____m/____s?

Also DVG its not exactly homework...but anyways in there thers too many posts in there so my question might not get answered...sry
Admadi.. you need to do this stuff yourself otherwise you won't be able to apply it when you need to.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
no when you look at a unit such as mph (miles per hour), its represnted mathematically as m/h which means miles divided by hours

so if you get a number like 234 meters/90 seconds, all you do is divide the 2 numbers, 234/90. Then whatever that is, you put that down as your meters per second or m/s. Therefore it would be 2.6 m/s. Saying 2.6 m/s is the same thing as saying 2.6 meters divided by 1 second. or 2.6m OVER 1 second.
Basically you want the buttom numbers cooeficient to be 1. That way you can say miles per hour (notice its hour not hours)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts