Discussion Starter #1
I see the mention of Autococker type guns
I thought all guns like the Spyder TL Plus or the ACS were autocockers
because you pull the trigger they fire and reset the bolt to fire again
Am I missing something.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
You are thinking "semiautomatic" Anything that does not need to be pumped before it is fired again is semiautomatic.

Autocockers are a semiautomatic gun. They started as pump guns, and when the pneumatics were added, they cocked themselves without being pumped by human intervention. Thus, the term "autococker"

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
autococker is a brand name thats all.

they are frustrating

they are amazingly fun

they have mood swings

I purchased mine, for $200, I have spent around $400 in parts and it currently has something like 6 parts on it that are stock and unmodified. when it works right, I love it more than any other marker I have shot, when it doesnt I hate it more than anything else

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
A haiku!

did it work before?
you messed with it didnt you
got what you deserved

Another one!

VM 68
It makes a great, mighty sound
Darn, I'm out of paint

More!
Your cocker says Chop
Take it to the local shop
Cannot fix it there

These keep getting better

It was working at home,
It does not work at the field;
'Cockers are like that.

When does it stop?

It's fixed, works fine now.
"Game on" bang bang frrt click hissss.
Oh balls, what's wrong now?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
shrug. i don't think there's anything scary or complicated about them, but today's players have been spoiled by easy maintenance markers, so i guess i understand their trepidation.

i don't really 'get' free time, but in the past couple weeks, i tuned and timed one mid-90's custom and rebuilt a ram in another. it's not brain science.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I like autocockers but mostly stick with Blazers you get the same feel and sound but there is less that can go wrong and since there isn't that much you can change you don't get the urge to mess with it. I bought a cheap Trilogy and the 'cocker tinkering temptation was so strong I replaced everything on it turning a $40 marker into a $Godonlyknows marker. It is a sickness. :(

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
No, just got over wanting cockers. Realized that I no longer enjoyed shooting them as much as I had, and that I had no real interest in keeping them. And since I'm not a fan of pumps, there wasn't anything to do with them but get rid of them.

My last cocker was my MQ'd cocker. I will admit if the MQ hadn't went up on it I'd still have that. Smoothest shooting marker I've ever used in my life, even smoother than my Clones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm
" You are thinking "semiautomatic" Anything that does not need to be pumped before it is fired again is semiautomatic.

Autocockers are a semiautomatic gun. They started as pump guns, and when the pneumatics were added, they cocked themselves without being pumped by human intervention. Thus, the term "autococker"

So basically now a days all or most are autocockers IE they recock them selves
but not all semi autos are autocockers because they are require pulling the bolt back first ?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I knew at some point, but why did they stop making MQ valves? From what I can remember people still want them to this day.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
So basically now a days all or most are autocockers IE they recock them selves
but not all semi autos are autocockers because they are require pulling the bolt back first ?
not exactly.

ignore what these guys said, here is a simpler way

everything you do not need to pump between shots is a semi-auto
autocockers are a brand name

thats all

stuff you need to pull the bolt back on is a blowback design, but these are still semi-autos. Not everything you have to manually cock today as most electropnumatic markers are controlled by a solenoid which basically ensures the marker is ready to fire ones everything is on and aired up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts