Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking fro booming, trunk rattling bass. I dont' intend to wake the neighbors or anything. I'm looking for a clean,deep bass for rock music.

a guy at work is selling 10 inch Kicker comps in a custombox he sealed with weather stripping. it's also smaller, so it'll fit in my tiny saturn without taking up the trunk.

they come with the box, wires, and amp. he said i shoudl buy a new amp, btu i'm not going to need any more power than what he's putting through it anyhow.

he's selling it all for $150, would that be a decent price?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$70? you bastartd you.. I'ma try to talk him down to $140. I'll see what happens. and no wories, they'll stay in excellent condition. they're hitting hard as they are and i figure i can get a new amp if it's not enough.

I'm just so sick of my crappy 6 1/2 speakers trying to put out bass.

oh did i mention he'll also help me install them?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I think 10's would work great with rock music. 12's would hit too hard if you listen mainly to rock.

150 isn't bad at all. I'm getting an Infinity 12" and amp for 100 bucks together, only because my friend works at the pawn shop so he can hook me up sometimes.

I'd go for it, just make sure the subs still have a fair amount of life left in them.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
I think 10's would work great with rock music. 12's would hit too hard if you listen mainly to rock.

150 isn't bad at all. I'm getting an Infinity 12" and amp for 100 bucks together, only because my friend works at the pawn shop so he can hook me up sometimes.

I'd go for it, just make sure the subs still have a fair amount of life left in them.
I have 2 12's in my integra and it sounds pretty good when i listen to rock. got those and an amp for 110 from best buy. obviously not name brand anything but it works for me. made my own box for em too

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
not a bad deal. I've recently gotten into a bit of research on custom built home stereo speakers and subs. Granted most of the same rules apply. But these guys model all kinds of stuff out to get exactly perfect volumes for the best sound quality and flattest response curves. I must say, they know what they're doing, I built a set of 2-way home speakers based on one of their designs for less than 170 bux and they sound simply amazing.

Just keep in mind that generally the larger you go the more its going to be pushing more air but won't be as precise in its response to exact notes.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1337PAINTBALLER said:

theyr'e only a couple months old, and he's been good to them. I feel now liek I'm getin a godo deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts