Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I are running HPA on our 98 custom (she says it's hers).
We had it chrono'd for the 1st time at a field over the WE and the velocity was at 250fps.
I believe the field allows upto 300, so I thought I would ask you guys on how to go about increasing the velocity.

I know the tippy has a air adjuster along the left side of the marker, could it be as simple as a turn of an allen wrench?

I have seen a spring tension adjuster that replaces the plastic rear plug...except I have already replaced my plug for a rear swivel mount.

How about the Mad spring kit?
The regulator on the HPA tank, is the output pressure adjustable?

I was wondering what other options do I have?
thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
All you have to do is turn that screw on the side. Turn it in (clockwise) to bring the velocity down and turn it out (counter clockwise) to turn the velocity up. It's as easy as that. You don't need the rear velocity adjuster (RVA) as you mentioned.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes, an allen wrench is all you need to adjust it. I'm surprised someone there at the field didn't help you with that.
I believe counter-clockwise decreases the velocity, seems like I remember it being opposite of a Spyder. Either way, you should be able to figure it out quickly over the chrono.

·
Registered
533 Posts
BTW 250FPS is totally acceptable and I wouldn't bother to up it unless you are having early ball drop off. If it is chopping or getting barrel breaks I would scoot down to around 200FPS and work my up from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts