Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard from a few people, that a crappy asa, Can **** up your tank? I doubt that it is true, but has anyone else of heard this before?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
I suppose if it's made of soft metal the threads can warp and you can could potentially get stuck on it.
the problem is more along the lines of getting you tank started ont eh threads. some asa's are difficult to do so and it ends up making the asa's threads go bad.

·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay. I never was told that it got stuck but W/e. Since your so helpful. Is it bad to unscrew your compressed air tank, after every fill, because its my home feild's polcity, that is has to be disconnected from the gun. I have been told its bad for the tank to unscrew often.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
liek any threadding, it can wear them out more quickly. There's no harm though. I would advise that you de-gass your marker before doing it, as having the tank open puts more friction against the threads and give sopportunity for the tank o-ring to blow out

Any reason why your field has that rule?

·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They use to have air systems laying out in the open, but people would come without paying for air and get a free fill. So they are now forced to check your wristband, and fill it them selves. I heard a lady dropped a guy's 07 ego while filling and pretty much ****ed the gun over. So now they make you disconnect the tank from the gun. It is a big mess there.

Thanks for the help Matrix.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Interesting.

I know that the SP people say that if you're going to be constantly screwing your tank on and off, they reccomend using a different ASA, and not the SP one (or so I've heard).

Wow, that sucks with the EGO...

My field cuts those wristbands in half and sticks them on the tank, so if you don't have the band, you either pay per fill, or you're out of luck.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The sp on/off doesn't cut the tanks pressure outta the on/off, jsut cuts the flow from the on/off to the gun(thus still having the chance of blowing your o-ring). which is why I replaced it with a cp on/off.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've found that dry firing your gun(make sure you are actually dry firing) while unscrewing your tank in a regular asa helps out loads, just shoot every time you go to unscrew the tank and it should make it a lot easier.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Nah it will not hurt it. By outloads, he means letting the air out of the tank/marker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts