Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Halo B / Rip for Christmas :hug: and I was wondering: What is that little black thing in front of the entrance of the feedneck, and what's with the spring that isn't attached to anything (Right next to the black thing)?

Also, I put my finger onto the paddle to hold it still so I could see what the Rip drive did. I wound it up (2 turns?) and let it go. It spun for 1/2 a second and stopped....okay....I thought you could wind it up a good amount and then it would feed for quite a few shots, not 3 or 4.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
lol, I never really looked into learning about the beads and spring.

When you turn the RIP as much as possible, it winds the spring up that's inside the drive cone about 1 full turn. When released, it will feed paint at about 15bps. just from the spring tension unwinding. If you haven't noticed, the drive cone can hold about 10 seated paintballs. They will be fed into the marker. This paint will push the 5 or 6 paintballs that are already in the feedneck of the gun/loader into the marker, so you'll get about 10 or more shots at 15bps. with a turn of the RIP Drive. Answer your question?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
xPiZZeRx said:
lol, I never really looked into learning about the beads and spring.

When you turn the RIP as much as possible, it winds the spring up that's inside the drive cone about 1 full turn. When released, it will feed paint at about 15bps. just from the spring tension unwinding. If you haven't noticed, the drive cone can hold about 10 seated paintballs. They will be fed into the marker. This paint will push the 5 or 6 paintballs that are already in the feedneck of the gun/loader into the marker, so you'll get about 10 or more shots at 15bps. with a turn of the RIP Drive. Answer your question?
Its gotta be faster than 15, mine does it in less than half a second.

The visible spring and beads are to stop it from jamming, they're not sensors, the motion sensors are at the top of the neck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts