Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know that the F8 uses the metal ball bearings as detents, and I'm not sure if the F7 does, but in any case, I saw somewhere that said you can replace them with G3 detents and that they are more gentle on paint than the metal ball bearings

Well, every single time I would take off my eye covers and whatnot, I noticed that the springs that pushed the ball bearing were relatively long, so being as smart as I am, I cut one in half, and now the spring pressure agains the bearings is much less!

I loaded up my VLocity and set it to max pressure, and no double feeds, so all seems well!

Since there's less pressure on the detents, less pressure will be applied to the paintball as it passes them and this will make them more gentle on paint
:)

My theory seems sound, so what say you?

And for all of you guys that remember my valve mod, I'll be finishing that very soon as well
Probably post pics this weekend when I have spare time

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shot the F8 while testing the new valve

Over two hoppers of paint, not a single ball broke, and I was shooting semi as fast as I could
:D

·
The Average Pballer
10 Posts
Hi, my friend recently gave me his Fusion or F7 and its the LE, and i wanted to know if i can enter it in a tournament with its stock board? and what modes does the stock board come with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts