Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about 135 lbs right now and I run miles and miles a day (I know im a rail). I just took a body fat percentage test and it says im at around 13%. I think thats way off just due to the fact I have good ab definition (I can see my 6 pack but its not ripped yet) and I have a size 27-28 waist. Is this thing way off or does that sound reasonable?

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb

I just took another test that said im 7% body fat. Can anyone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya they said 15% is average and 10% is lean and anything below 10 is athlete. Id like to belive im 7% but Im pretty damn sure im in between those 2 numbers I got. I still have a small layer of fat around my stomach but its nothing much, just kinda soft. Im guessing its also mostly skin since I dropped 40lbs from a year or two ago.

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
there really isn't any stats based test that will give you a 100% accurate result. in order to find out for sure you have to get one medically.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
you don't wanna have that low of a body fat. unless you are eating really hearty meals every day several times a day it can be bad for you because your body wants to save what it has and start eating other stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
no...actually since muscle weighs more than fat is why you get the fat % done in the first place. good logic though little application to common science.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
b_heald said:
how tall are you?

5'8'' or so. I eat enough to. Just nothing terribe for you. I eat veggies like mad. But I try to have some unhealthy stuff at least every other day (ie burgers, fries, a soda, cookies). But most my diet consits of healthy food.

·
Registered
453 Posts
hes not tiny

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
if i remember correctly from my health class i think the underwater weighing is the most precise bc fat floats and they determine the % by comparing what you weigh out of water and what u weigh in water....then they do a big math problem to figure it out...

7% is very good, very athletic...the lower doesn't mean worse, running back on the football team last year was 3% and he was the strongest guy and most fit out of everyone

·
1,751 Posts
*SHOCKER* said:
if i remember correctly from my health class i think the underwater weighing is the most precise bc fat floats and they determine the % by comparing what you weigh out of water and what u weigh in water....then they do a big math problem to figure it out...

7% is very good, very athletic...the lower doesn't mean worse, running back on the football team last year was 3% and he was the strongest guy and most fit out of everyone
He wasn't 3%....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts