Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a Crossfire 68/4500 HPA tank for my 98C. My only question is: Will the regulator/gauge/fill nipple assembly get in the way of my hand? It looks like that when it is screwed in, that the gauge is facing upward, and I don't want it hitting my hand/wrist when I play. Do I need a drop down/forward to prevent this? If so, what drop down/forward will work? I don't want anything huge (like 3 inches), just something to move it down from my wrist. Any suggestions?

*note* I like using my tank as a stock, and I only play rec, so I don't need to play super-tight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you looking at ordering the setup? I would recommend going down to a local store/field and handling several different setups. I've found that feel is a very important thing when doing any upgrades because if I don't like the feel chances are I won't use them much. As for your other questions, I'll let the local experts address them. :)

-Mike

·
12,110 Posts
Nah, it won't get in the way. Most ASA's and tank are designed so the gauge is aligned to either the top, or the right when screwed in flush to the asa. Sometimes there are exceptions though, as I see that when filling Boston Paintballs some 300 rental markers.

Dont get a drop, not unless your a 12 year old who can't shoulder a tank.

·
Registered
189 Posts
in order to run nitro on a custom 98 would you need to buy anything more than just the tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts