Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was just wondering if dry firing a paintball gun with CO2, Compressed Air, or Nitro would effect the gun in any way?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
it will not effect it in that it will cause "damage" per se, but it will cause wear and tear associated with firing. ie: o-rings, sear and hammer, springs, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, true. I just wanted to test out something with my gun and my friends and see the comparison between the firing of the two. But I'm aware that it would cause wear and tear on the gun, but was just wondering if anything really critical would happen to the gun... like would it break for some reason or mess it up real bad from dry firing.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
No. It will have no effects on your marker that shooting paint wouldnt have. Although i have noticed that some markers seem louder when there isnt paint in them.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
all markers are louder...especially spyders. I'm sure it has something about energy being used up inot the ball but I don't wanna try to explain it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, true. I just wanted to test out something with my gun and my friends and see the comparison between the firing of the two. But I'm aware that it would cause wear and tear on the gun, but was just wondering if anything really critical would happen to the gun... like would it break for some reason or mess it up real bad from dry firing.
Ulike a real gun...it does not have an actual firing pin...so no damage other that wear and tear on parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts