Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of this Is not the Super RT were you get the LP version.

The purpose of this Mod is to make it so the RT piston always touches back of the trigger and to reduce the volume in the camber. This also makes tuning the RT a little less of a pain.

Supplies:
A spring from a clicky Pen that is At least 1 1/8" long

Tools:
Allen keys
Needle nosed pliers (Not need but help)

Instructions:
  1. Remove move the RT piston from the cyclinder
  2. Notice the hole that is at the bottom of the cyclinder. This is were your going to place the spring
  3. Place the spring in the hole
  4. Re lube the piston and place it back in the cyclinder. I would recommend using Dow 30. Also be careful not to pinch the rubber skirt that is on the piston.
  5. Check that the spring is strong enough to to push the piston back up by pushing the piston in a few times. If the piston Does not come back remove the spring and find another one that will. :rolleyes:
  6. Reinstall the RT trigger in the gun. The piston should push on the trigger slightly and come back even if the gun is degassed.
Edit:
A Quick vid. of the completed Mod with my 98 Degassed

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty cool, added it to the sticky.

Is it a noticable difference?
Well it does add a little to the trigger pull weight. The but the RT no longer need as much Air and can operate at a lower pressure

Also if you have a cyclone feed installed it is a simpler task tuning both the Cyclone & the RT

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem.

At the Time I left it in but you could still use it with the trigger spring. I have not tried it with out it yet but will give it ago once I finish striping off the powerder coat and repainting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts