Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDK what the heck happened... It started sorta yesterday and today. Yesterday we did 10 laps around our school going up and down the stairs since it was raining (our school is a big circle). After the running i had a little pain

now.. After practice today where we did some basic agility skills in the parking lot.. my left hamstring is KILLIN me. everytime i go to walk, it hurts like a biznatch. I got practice sunday..

Any way to quickly and effectivly get rid of hamstring pain? i know there are alot of sport players here.. so thats why i'm posting.

--Jared

·
Registered
347 Posts
put ice on it and favor it, but not too much (meaning enough to hurt your other leg, or back) or do what i do somtimes when i am in the middle of a game, start hitting whatever is hurting so that when you run you don't feel it (wouldn't reccomend, broke a bone that way)

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Need more specific information to make an informed comment. If you pulled your hamstring, then ice and rest are your best bets. I can't think of anything else you would have done to it. Do not favor it. Limping is bad if you can avoid it. Muscle guarding will result in bigger problems down the road. I wrecked my right knee from a left ankle sprain. I wrecked my back from a broken right leg. Not good news.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
(in addition to icien it and being nice to it)
stretch it well before doing any running ro physical actvity

if it's cramping eat bananas, any girl will telly you that bananas help with cramping. I can tell you that they work, I used to have my calf crap allt eh time, but i sterted eating bananas and no more cramping

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
if its just been getting worse over more work you may have just overstressed it. is it the same kinda feeling you get after a hard day of lifting? if it is, then be sure to keep it in moderate use, such as walking around a lot and stuff like that- it keeps the blood flowing to it and helps considerably (when i go to work after lifting, i barely have any pain the next day, cause blood has been goin to them all day)

if its pulled, well, good luck and do what they said ^

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thansk guys. But i've just been streching it and icing it. I iced it last night, 10 min on 10 off for about 3 cycles.. then streched it a good bit. It's starting to feel a little better. I had a protein shake this morning. Then walked about a total of 3 or so miles today. Still got a little pain but i should be good :)

thanks ne ways guys

<3

--Kan Man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts