Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to play night paintball with some buddys on the local golf course.

Any barrels that are longer than 16 inches and silence the guns.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
play on your own land, not at a golf course

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good friends with the owner. Lol. Not trespassing. And actually we just stopped playing the course because its to large
We also play on my land I live on a farm and have alot of woodlands to play.

Please recommend a barrel.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
teardrop, progressive, evil driver all good barrels

·
Registered
324 Posts
16" barrels aren't more accurate than 12"? I thought they were a little more accurate, but if not, then why do people get 16". I have a 12" and was upset that I didn't get a 16", but if it is not more accurate then I guess it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Blizzardz Wrath said:
16" barrels aren't more accurate than 12"? I thought they were a little more accurate, but if not, then why do people get 16". I have a 12" and was upset that I didn't get a 16", but if it is not more accurate then I guess it doesn't matter.
to tuck into bunkers more

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
In woodsball if you are over 14 you are just causing drag on the ball.

Quiet the gun?
Take a piece of PVC pip filled with foam, put the barrel through it, duct tape it on. Have plenty of porting. That will HELP. Won't make it super silent, but it will HELP

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So just take a pvc pipe and cut it to the length and put it around with like camo tape so it blends in with my camo kit on my a-5?
Then put foam between the barrel and the pvc?

that is something new. Have never heard that

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yes. Cut a length of PVC that is shorter than your barrel. Slide on the PVC with one end almost flush with the end of your barrel. Fill with soft squichy type foam. Take the ends. Make sure that you have some space at the end of your barrel so the tape does not affect the flight path of the paintball when it leaves the barrel.

You are essentially making a homemade silencer. It won't silent it, but it will diminish the sound. Doing this to a barrel with lots of porting works too (the porting lets air escape. The crack from the shot fired isn't as loud. Add that to the "barrel muffler" that you made, and it will help)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts