Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
disco baller
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a paintball minigun. to spin the barrrells, I'm going to use a high-tourque R.C. car motor. Does any one know which one I should buy, and how much it would cost me? (I might have to get two for enough torque to spin the barrells fast.):devil:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Not sure, I do know a lot of people that make mini guns uses Drills.......Especially high tourque Dewalt drills;)

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
rc motors arent high torque, theyre high speed, sometimes over 40,000 rpms. they are then highly reduced through a large assembly of gears to works at usuable speeds. For a motor for your purpose i agree with dooms that a drill would work, as well as powerwheel motors, ev warrior motors (which can be found for about 20-40 dollars on ebay) or aything else in that class. RC motors really wont make you too happy. I highly recommend the ev warrior, because its cheap, has 1 horsepower (which is plenty) and spins at a very usuable 5,000 RPMs. It is also boltable to pretty much anything.

·
Registered
264 Posts
A Gatling Gun? That will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get a two-stroke

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
instead of gettin a normal drill, you can try one of those impact drills. Theyr the ones used for nascar to quickly take off the nuts and bolts off the wheels i think, and they arent expensive.

·
disco baller
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, but how will I power it? with an r.c. car motor, i can just use a stick of batteries. with an impact drill, I would have to have an extention cord, or carry around a car battery with a converter. that wouldn't look that cool:devil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
fleeterhousen said:
yeah, but how will I power it? with an r.c. car motor, i can just use a stick of batteries. with an impact drill, I would have to have an extention cord, or carry around a car battery with a converter. that wouldn't look that cool:devil:
Yeah it will :devil:

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
you can buy one of those big batteries, hook it up to a wire, and put it into ur 3+1 or whatever pod pack

·
Registered
687 Posts
some one finally hit at what i'm good at rc

trinity p94, reedy ti and turn lower than ten

sites for both are

p 94 www.teamtrinity.com

reedy ti www.RC-10.com

·
Registered
687 Posts
what turn do you have? I wish i could afford one!!=( My dad has said way too many times no to paintball?!:? so i guess for christmas I will get another rc car.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
NYY said:
instead of gettin a normal drill, you can try one of those impact drills. Theyr the ones used for nascar to quickly take off the nuts and bolts off the wheels i think, and they arent expensive.

you need an air compressor for those

if you want a good picture of one look at the tippmann hellhound, its at their site

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
bobsouderson said:

you need an air compressor for those

if you want a good picture of one look at the tippmann hellhound, its at their site
suuuuure its a little noisy, and will add a few pounds to ur back, but in the end its worth it. or not:p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts