Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone named Leo passed away today.. he was speeding on his R6 going about 120 and flew over a hill and had a head-on collison with an SUV. I didn't really know him but he was a very chill guy. He would talk to me up at Sonic where a lot of people hang out and talk about cars and stuff. He said I had a nice looking Prelude. Hell I even drove around with him a few times with him in his WRX. I even asked him if he would teach me how to ride and he said he would think about it.

It's just sad to think that one little mistake could just end your life for you.

I know a few of you on here ride.. be safe, don't be stupid. It could all be over in a matter of seconds.

R.I.P Leo

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
thats the kinda guy from whom you want to learn how to ride? sucks that he died but its nobody's fault but his own

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Z PYRO said:
thats the kinda guy from whom you want to learn how to ride? sucks that he died but its nobody's fault but his own
I'd rather have someone start teaching me now..

Yes I know it's his own fault. Still really unfortunate.. What makes it worse, just the night before his friends told him to slow down on the bike. He thought he was invincible on that thing. He even had a sig that said "If water feels like concrete at 100mph, what does concrete feel like?"

Guess he found out the hard way. I'm still set on getting a bike but this just gives me all the more reason to stay within my limits and to ride to safe, which I had planned on doing in the first place.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
So you've never went over the speed limit in your life? Maybe not 70 over but I'm sure you've all done some speeding in your lives. And it doesn't take very high speeds to die in a car crash.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
NYY said:
So you've never went over the speed limit in your life? Maybe not 70 over but I'm sure you've all done some speeding in your lives. And it doesn't take very high speeds to die in a car crash.
The fastest I've ever gone was 78 in a 70. I don't really do the whole speeding thing. Secondly, saying that going 5-10 over is as bad as going 70 over is a load of horse****. Everybody goes 5-10 over at times to keep with traffic flow. Nobody should ever go 70 over, that's just ****ing ridiculous. What does it accomplish? Did it make his dick a little bit bigger? Did he feel better for the seconds before he ended his life? Who knows.

·
Registered
731 Posts
NYY said:
yeah and we all drive crotch rockets....again its one thing to speed (by however much) in a car, but riding a motorcycle period, let alone doing 70 over, is about 100% more dangerous and just utterly retarded.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ive hit 140 before in the stang, it was a bit scary. I generally cruise the interstate between 80 and 90-ish, but our speed limit is 70.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts