Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a tippy and was thinking about gettin an r/t and a double trigger, would it be worth it, its $60 for the response and $20 for the double at my proshop

o yea and to the point, is it walkable?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not walkable at all. O yeah and imo. Either get the r/t or the double. Because you don't really need a doulbe trigger with an r/t because you can just hold it down. I got one before I got my r/t and used it a couple times but now I really don't need it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have one on my A-5 it makes it fire on ever pull and release so its double your Rate of Fire. I think its worth it compared to the E-grip theres no maintaince on the RT but you have to get a battery and spend alot more for the E-grip. IT is not walkable but if you lightly hold it, it will shoot consistantly. I can get mine around 14-15 bps for a mech thats fast.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually I am pretty sure empire is right. I have one but I really don't pay attention to that. But yeah, you pretty much just put it in and if done correctly you can do auto about 15 bps. The only thing i don't like about it is that its a major gas hog. I get maybe 600 shots off then gotta refill.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The tippmann pneumatic response trigger does not fire on every pull and release of the trigger that only pertains to electronic response triggers. The tippmann response trigger allows you to sweet spot the trigger and get full auto. You can not walk a response trigger and the response trigger when properly tuned will usually result in approximately 15 bps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah I only got about 600 shots off a 20oz. Response triggers are fast but before I had mine I would get closer to 900-1000 shots off one tank. If you want to shoot faster, i would get another gun but if you don't have the money for one, the r/t wouldn't be a bad idea. To solve my problem I just bought another tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PaintBalla 98 C said:
I get maybe 600 shots off then gotta refill.
Actually, if you are only getting about 600 rounds per 20oz. bottle you may have a leak in your system somewhere. I have a response trigger on my Tippmann 98C (and just like it says on the package, and the Tippmann website, the R/T uses LEFT OVER gas in the powertube from each shot to reset your trigger) If you think you are using more gas then without the R/T, put the plug off screw in and disable the response trigger, then get a fresh 20oz bottle and see how many rounds you go through. Then try it again with the R/T engaged. If your rounds-per-bottle or (rpb) differs dramatically, maybe you have a pin hole in the R/T hose, or a leak at one of the connections for the R/T hose, or you might even have the adjustment screw for the R/T adjusted out too far. I usually get about 1000 rounds or more per 20oz bottler of co2.

The good thing about the R/T kit is if your a woodsball sniper like me, you can pick people off one round at a time, of if you get heavy in the shiznit, you can hold your own at about 12-15bps without having to look at your gun, or push a mode selection button like you do with electric triggers. I keep my tippy R/T set around 8-10bps for accuracy and reliablity, anything over 10bps with my R/T tippy tends to chop alot more often. Hardly ever chop at 8-10bps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
XXX_FearThis said:
Actually, if you are only getting about 600 rounds per 20oz. bottle you may have a leak in your system somewhere. I have a response trigger on my Tippmann 98C (and just like it says on the package, and the Tippmann website, the R/T uses LEFT OVER gas in the powertube from each shot to reset your trigger) If you think you are using more gas then without the R/T, put the plug off screw in and disable the response trigger, then get a fresh 20oz bottle and see how many rounds you go through. Then try it again with the R/T engaged. If your rounds-per-bottle or (rpb) differs dramatically, maybe you have a pin hole in the R/T hose, or a leak at one of the connections for the R/T hose, or you might even have the adjustment screw for the R/T adjusted out too far. I usually get about 1000 rounds or more per 20oz bottler of co2.
Thanks for the info. Actually I think I do have a leak but I think something is wrong with my co2 tank. But you're probably right.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Food for thought: When rapidly firing using CO2 the tank temperature drops drastically and the CO2 that is drawn out will be much denser therefore more pounds-mass will be used per shot therefore rapidly firing using CO2 will result in less efficiency on CO2. One more reason HPA rocks my socks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
well im sure you get more then 600 shots with a 20oz; I have a 24oz and i get 1100 shots off of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Food for thought: When rapidly firing using CO2 the tank temperature drops drastically and the CO2 that is drawn out will be much denser therefore more pounds-mass will be used per shot therefore rapidly firing using CO2 will result in less efficiency on CO2. One more reason HPA rocks my socks.
this is true also with the RT you have to watch the tube that feeds it

i learned from experence, i have a RT and a cyclone system and when i'm unloading all the suddon it willl stop the RT won't work right and the Cyclone system stops feeding

so if you get a RT you need a remote or HPA if you don't already have one

ecfales said:
well i already have the double trigger, if i get the RT would i be able to shoot faster????

even if you had a single trigger you would be able to shoot the same with an RT as some one with a double and an RT

but yes you will shoot faster and it is the best upgrade you can get for a tippman

also don't forget you since you willl be shooting faster you'll need eather a cyclone system or an electronic hopper (go with cyclone you'll never have to worry about chopping a ball again)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts